Adrenaline surge

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm experiencing adrenaline surges that are scaring me anyone have them I'm not taking anything been menopausal for the last 8 years I'm 53 it's a new symptom to me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes Betty, I had these about 18 months ago. I had stopped bcp but had not yet started on hrt. They were immobilising, because I would end up bursting into tears after having one (big ugly crying), so I hated going out anywhere as I never knew what would start them off. I distinctly remember running into some friends at my local off leash dog park who I hadnt seen for ages, and i had this awful adrenalin surge down my chest and into my arms, and ended up in hysterical tears. They thought something awful had happened to me, luckily they had all been through menopause and were very understanding.

• Posted

they are absolutely terrifying when you get them Betty. I felt like my body was not in my control. I was prescribed beta blockers for a while, which reduced my heart going into overdrive and made sleep easier (my heart would race when i lay down to try and go to sleep before the beta blockers). I never experienced a hot flush, but i will never forget the adrenalin surges - absolutely terrifying. I hope you find some relief soon.

• Posted

Hi Betty,

Yes, I used to get them really bad when my symptoms were at their worse.

Every now and then I will get them now, two years later, and it usually coincides with burning feet. I think it's part of a hot flash, I just get them in a different way.

• Posted

Hello Betty

I had them before starting bhrt and quite a few times since. I agree, it's absolutely my worst symptom. I've been in meetings quite often and just before I need to speak it kicks in and I shake all over. My mind is actually super calm, it's just the chemical reaction. I'm trying to manage it without any meds but it's tough. I use meditation as much as possible xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.