Adulibumab and side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, Ive been on aduliumab since June, ive had insomnia for ages, waking at least twice in the night and am awake for at least an hour each time, this combined with fatigue is just killing me. Ive also got skin problems on my face (across my cheeks by my nose) and ive had a verucca for years but it has got significantly worse plus ive now got others since being on treatment. im so fed up as i had a scope on friday which still shows some inflammation so am possibly going to have to increase the dosage 40mg every week instead of fortnightly. Any advice is greatly received. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

are you on any other colitis medication appart from your injection ???

• Posted

Hi John, i also take balasalazide sodium (colazide) which is a aminosalytic.

• Posted

started these injections end of July.. unsure of it myself..have had a chest inf..throat inf..mouth ulcers..and 2weeks ago inflammation came back and put on steroids again...

symptoms have changed and consultant thinks I have overlap of IBS and UC...waiting on TNF bloods to come back to see level in my blood...

it has settled now but only because I am back on steroids maybe?? . I inject fortnightly..I have heard good and bad reports but its a waiting game for now.

other than that I dont really have side effects like insomnia or anything..but for first 3 months I just felt I was open to anything going around...I will give it some more time for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.