Adult ADD - Stimulants Dropping a sleep. :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Since my early 20s I’ve take modafinil for falling a sleep and constant tiredness, a lot of the time related to carbs and falling a sleep.

In my 30s I was diagnosed with ADD, I was given a titration of Vyvanse which as the dosage got larger I it put me to sleep harder. It was almost the same as taking a sleeping pill. I was then put on Ritalin. Same deal. Although quicker and didn’t last as long. Adderall again. Same deal.

More I take the more I need to drop a sleep. Which also means I am absorbing the medication as it is having an effect.

I have tried ldopa/ l-tyrosine no effect. When taking any stimulants I don’t get that rush, it’s like a damp cloth on my brain. My doctor is at a loss, he’s never seen someone take higher dosages of stimulants and it put them more and more a sleep, even with a high tolerance. Another attempt was Atomoxetine, plus Ritalin, plus ldopa. It just made me sleepy and gave me a sore head.

When taking Ritalin/ Adderall the epinephrine/ norepinephrine rush isn’t there at all, it’s almost the opposite, it sedates me.

I have thought over the years I could have trouble with my adrenals but I know know if this could have caused an issue here? I had not taken modafinil for a month or so before starting the ADD meds.

Any ideas, solutions, things I could try?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

ummmmm never really thought of not having the hyperactivity the inpulsivity

• Posted

he hasnt met me has he, your doctor,

you sound depressed sir ,

HOPE YOIR OK.

could it be a slight bit of depression knocking you out .

50 % ADHD SUFFER FROM IT FEEL LIKE THEY UNDER ACCHEAVE

dislexic me

you dont normal just have add normally learning issues or some other rubbish pilled in with it so it might be worth checking dislexic stiff like that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.