Adult Bedwetting

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 50 years old male, 6 ft, 79kgs and no problems that i know of.

i wet my bed on 2nd May in the night. that time i had taken a sleeping tablet and had done heavy garden work during the day.

i wet my bed again on 17th July. this time i had drunk two carbonated drinks, had drunk tea at 6 pm, which i normally don't do that late, and had eaten aubergines and grapefruit for dinner.

i don't have any other urinary problems. i go 6-7 times during the waking hours (6 am to about 9-10 pm). there is good flow, good pressure and i don't leak.

i have been dieting since February and have lost 7 kgs weight since then. i also suffer from constipation.

my fasting blood sugar ranges from 5.3 to 5.6

i am scared and would appreciate any advice.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Albert,

You sound like your body is in good health - good weight for your height, you exercise, and you have a varied diet. Are you under any other types of stress in your life? Work? Partner? Other life circumstances?

Don't beat yourself up about the two accidents you've had. Sure, it's not normal for you, and if it happens again, go see a doctor. Bedwetting (in adults) is more common for guys, where daytime accidents are more common for women. 

There is often a hidden anxiety that goes along with this sort of thing, so I'd be asking yourself if maybe there is something in your life that is troubling you that you haven't addressed yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.