Adult onset sleepwalking/amnesia is freaking me out

Posted , 1 user is following.

When I was around 5 or 6, I was sleepwalking pretty frequently. I stopped sleepwalking around 8 or so. Fast forward to 2yrs ago (I'm 59). I went into my house to get something to drink. I then went outside. That was the last thing I remembered until I woke up the next morning. My wife said we had fun with the grandchildren and had a bonfire. She said it was about 3 or 4 hours from the time I went outside until we went to bed. She has pictures from that night that show me having a fun time with everyone. She said I seemed pretty normal. I do not remember anything except walking outside that night and waking up the next morning. That is when I started to have nights of sleepwalking again. Lots of nights where my wife says we have conversations in bed but I do not remember anything. A few days ago she said we went to bed at our normal time (10pm) and we had wonderful sex (her words).....I have no memory of that happening. That made me sad. I recently have been diagnosed with epilepsy. Had my first seizure last Sept. I do not know if they are related. It seems the sleepwalking/loss of memory has been happening more frequently. Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.