adult strabismus, squint, crossed eye, lazy eye

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, i have isotropia for a couple of months now. My right eye turns inward but I'm not experiencing double vision or diplopia unlike other cases. I figured out that my left eye which is the healthy one is suppressing my right eye so its like I'm only seeing images  from my left eye. I looked online for treatment options, surgery would be like my last option. I'm considering occlusion therapy using either prosthetic contacts or dilating eye drops since patching wont really help as far as appearance is concern. Prism glasses wont help as well, cause upon trying it only tricks the brain that you're eyes are working together but it will not straighten my eye appearance. so which is better? dilating eye drops or contact lenses? or if you havebetter suggestion?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I myself had strabimus from young ago and recently had surgery and I think its the best every decision I've ever took. So I suggest you to go ahead with surgery.

• Posted

yeah, Chandu20. But that would be like my last resort since there is a possibility of having repetitive surgery upon reading online. Thanks for the comment though, i appreciate that. Ciao.

• Posted

Bump! 

I am having this same probably as you, it is really uncomfortable feeling like your only seeing out of one eye... it sends you slightly off balance and often results in tired eyes. 

Sorry I haven’t got any suggests for you as I’m actually here trying too find out the same thing ha. I am trying a patch though over the stronger eye for an hour a day ( in my own privacy 😂wink so after a little time I will report back..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.