Advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Going to the doctors today for my anxiety. I might get prescribed some medication to take daily. I'm scared too as I've seen the side affects of them. Anyone have any advice on what to ask and tell? I wanna be given the correct Medication if they do end up giving me some. I'm tired of this anxiety.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Get some as needed ones. You can choose when you want to use it. And they gave lighter meds too like buspar..easy to go off of but for Gad and takes abt five weeks to kick in. Youll discuss this all with the Doctor. Good luck
    • Posted

I had xanax as needed but I heard xanax can be quiet addictive so I decided not to use them alot. I've heard of buspar. Hopefully it will all go well. Thanks Lisa!

• Posted

I have tried buspar and it worked really well for me. It's not habit forming either so you can take as needed. It did make me feel a little spacey but that was far better than that constant panic state. I slowly stopped relying on it and gradually went down to 1 a day instead of 3. I can't remember getting any side effects either tbh.

I tried a few anti depressants and they are not pleasant at all rolleyes. Fingers crossed it goes well.

I have found that herbal rememdies have worked better for me so far. Passion flower and rodihlia from Holland and Barrett + valarian root to help sleep. Amazing things.

• Posted

Be open with your symptoms with him. I understand not waiting to become dependant on a med but it is important to start feeling well. I suffer from severe anxiety and am waiting to see a phyciatrist. Best of luck and know that you are not alone and let us know how it goes. There are a lot of negitive posts on here too so be aware. Different things work for different people. Be open to try a new med although it is hard. I have a fear of evreything so trying a new med gives me anxiety.
    • Posted

I fear of becoming dependent on them too. But it's been 8 months of non stop trying to cope with this hy myself. I think it's time. Thanks I will keep yall updated on how it goes

• Posted

Swagg

Make a written list of questions and answers you want to have explained.

That will not only save time it also helps you to remember all those concerns

• Posted

Swagg

You need to be honest and explain all your concerns. Generally speaking we cannot really suggest medications as your GP will take into consideration your health concerns

Here I am not saying you will not get any medications for your Anxiety. I never expect any new medications when I visit my GP or Hospital as there may be some better  altrnatives for you at that time, so keep that in mind, Remember you are in partnership with your GP when it comes too your health concerns.

I would be a good idea to get more out of your appointment by drawing up a list of your concerns and symptoms on a bit of paper, this  will help to move on your appointment and prevent you forgetting any important fact as you sit in the Surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.