Advice...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! please can someone give me some advice/ share if they have had a similar experience. So I believe i have BV, however, the only symptom is the odor. But, the odor recently hasnt been noticeable only after I urinate, then it becomes very strong. I dont know whether thats normal or maybe i have another problem. Please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

is the odor fishy?

I have struggled with the same thing for years. have you been tested? whenever I get tested I'm negative for BV and everything else. Yet when I take antibiotics my symptoms go away/improve. I got tested again yesterday for everything. Also had a smear as it was well overdue.

• Posted

Yes it is:( I have been tested and was told that I do have a strain of bacteria but it doesnt usually cause any BV symptoms. And like you whenever I take antibiotics it gets much better then comes back shortly after. Im so scared it will never go away coz even antibiotics only seem to be temporary 😦

• Posted

😦

it's the most frustrating thing ever and I feel your pain. I just bought the canestest by canesten and even that showed up as no BV or thrush. Probiotics help for me but they aren't a cure and theyre expensive. I know exactly how you feel, Im scared that it will never go away but also scared that it could be something more serious.

• Posted

Once i found out I had trichomoniassis , a parasite std that caused a strong fish smell . I had to ask for the test specifically . Not trying to scare you , just wanted to share my story in case it could be helpful . I cleared it easily with pills . I also had a partner who caused me to have an off smell in my vagina because he was sleeping around . We woman are more sensitive to mixing like that . Although i have no idea if youre even sexually active . I tried everything to make it better but breaking up with him was what helped . I used douche and it made it worse . I hope you can figure it out girl , i feel your frustration . I hear yogurt on a tampon can be multi purpose to put good bacteria back into us , also eating it .

• Posted

whew !!! I hope you will get it under control hun . xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.