Advice.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi,

i suffer with what i think is costochondritis, it started around 4 years ago when my son was young he used to lift himself up and use my chest/sternum it caused it to be really sore and tender and never really improved as he always did it. his older now and obviously no longer does it however my full chest has been left sore to touch as well as aches all over and pain. even breathing in deeply is sore from both shoulders across my full chest! even my back gets sore and mainly my left shoulder...i experience what i think is rib popping and clicking sounds. all this also makes my anxiety worse and i straight away think its my heart! i suffer heart palpitations which doesnt help the matter. both my arms have become weak as in if i say fold washing or do dishes my arms ache really fast and it becomes difficult to finish. i experience a dull ache across my chest and sometimes back alot of the time which is similar to trapped wind. ive been to see my GP but all he said is it sounds like ive damaged my sternum but its all my chest thats sore to touch!! does this sound like costochondritis?

im so scared its my heart.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI KAYLEIGH ! you may have COSTO A dr can confirm by listening to your heart. For peace of mind you can have an EKG or stress test which I did since I was worried. I have had it for 14 months. I have done extensive research and tried many things but there is no cure. One thing that did help a little. Adjustment from chiropractor and adjustment to sternum also

• Posted

hi!

ive had an ECG and the results came back normal. that was abit back now tho but i did have same pains then.

its just always sore, feels like ive been bunched many times in mu chest area. my shoulder hurts to lift also.

• Posted

Helo Kayleigh I have had chest x-ray’s breathing treatments all the heart test nuclear stress test so I am assured my heart is good no arteries are clogged. Are use liquid Advil which seems to help to in the morning into it night. Visited the doctor last week told him I needed something else to try he gave me Relafen and I am trying that . are use my heating pad I hold it to my chest several times a day that seems to help and I have most of my pain at night when I am trying to sleep. It seems like it will never never end I get real frustrated. There are lots of side effects good luck .

• Posted

Your costochondritis sounds a lot like mine and i used to think it was my heart too, but my Dr. assured me it wasn't. I'm currently having a flare up and it feels worse than the initial one. The pain is so bad in the area of my sternum too and it makes it hard to breathe. I don't feel like doing anything but have my granddaughter today, so that's not possible. Motrin has helped in the past, but this time it's not helping at all. Does your dr. prescribe anything for you that has helped? Or has anyone else reading this had relief from something besides Motrin?

Thanks, Fran

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.