Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I need some advice or something.

I have health anxiety and the symptoms that come alonget with it.

Chest pains.

Palps

Muscle fatI guess

Feeling of impending doom.

Always on alert

But it's gotten better. But my main. Concern was my heart. That something was wrong with it. I've been told nothing is wrong with it. But I always feel something in my heart, like idk how to explain it. Really weird sensation. Like I'm waiting for something to happen. This has caused me to stop exercising. But I wanna get back out there and run. Everytime I try I start thinking something is gonna happen. Then thoughts come in and then the symptoms. I won't let anxiety take over my life. Does anyone have some advice or some techniques to get past this. Or if you have experienced this and what helped you get over it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do everything that is good for your heart. Eat a low salt heart healthy Mediterranean diet mostly emphasizing olive oil and limited red meat. Do heart healthy exercise. Brisk walking may be overall less risky exercise than running. If you're doing lots of prevention you should have less worries

• Posted

Thanks man, I do eat better now. Alot of salads. No more red meat. Alot of salads. I wanna start running again but idk. Scared of soemthing happening. I've been walking a while and it's helped bunches. The CheSt pain is almost gone but the sensation of chest discomfort is still there. Hard to explain.

• Posted

Anxiety will ALWAYS try to make you miserable. It will hit in the areas you are most concerned about, or in the area of what you enjoy most. It is adrenaline running wild. Every single one of us has this happen to us...yes, everyone. You need to take charge when it hits and tell it you know what it is trying to make you believe, and its just thoughts and to shut up, then change focus right away to something physical that you enjoy...in your case, exersize, run or jog, whatever works for you. This works!!! Take charge today, Swaggdaluwink

• Posted

Thanks Cia, I went for a light jog after I posted this post. During I felt amazing. But afterwards, my mind started to worry. What about if I caused something to happen. Can my heart handle this. Then I got this really sharp head pain. Smh. I can never win! As hard as I try. But tomorrow I will go again. I will conquer it.
    • Posted

You did great and the anxiety tried to take over again. That is what happens. Face it...that is what happens!!!! Here is what I do, (and had to do about 3 minutes ago for about the 15th time today so far)...I say (outloud whenever possible,) "Oh no you don't! You are just a thought and not real, so get lost and shut up!" and I refocus  by doing something else. Most people say something physical works best. For me, as soon as I got the anxiety hit, I said my thing and 2 minutes later was on this site. For me, i really enjoy helping where I can and get so totally wrapped up in answering posts, no anxiety happens when I'm here. It can't get my attention, I am focused elsewhere. You have to take your mind back every time the lies start. Until we do, we are literally the prisoners of our own minds. So, decide what you are going to say to those thoughts and use the same command every time. I notice that as time goes by there are still plenty, but less than there were. Hang in there and take charge as many times a day as you have to. It's kind of like training a child...saying no as many times as it takes until they get it, until they are trained.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.