Advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all i wonder if anyone can relate i have had a really stressful year and a half and all of a sudden a few weeks ago i became bloated, no appetite and uninterested in everything i saw my gp and he diagnosed depression and general anxiety disorder he gave me sertraline 50mg.

?Not happy with the diagnosis i took myself to a&e after a lot of googling and they checked my urine full stomach exam and couldnt find anything wrong still not happy 2 days later i went back to a&e where they did full bloods and another stomach exam and again they said my bloods were outstanding and its ibs.

?I went back to my gp and begged for a scan but he said no i dont need one and he wont be a enabler (i also asked in a&e for a scan both times and both drs said no)

?Heres my question since the ibs diagnosis i have done a lot of research and all that comes up is cancer i have bouts of diahroer and constipation and a annoying ache deep in my right hip its not painful just annoying and i just generally feel there is something wrong and bloating lots of trapped wind.

?Can anyone relate does anxiety and depression convince your brain something is wrong when it isnt? i cant see the dr because i cant tell him whats wrong he has given me mebeverine but its rubbish. I want to go everyday and just say can someone help me but when they ask whats wrong i have no symptoms just the above my appetite has returned ive lost no weight im notbleeding from anywhere bloods and urine all good why do i feel something is wrong? help anyone  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get awful anxious and my IBS comes bad after long periods of prolonged anxiety. I have had stomach tests and my consultant and gp have said my Ibs comes very strong after long periods of anxiety. I just had symptoms also, no bleeding but had weight loss. Hope this helps
  • Posted

thank you just wondering if anyone else feels there is something wrong when you are told their isnt?
  • Posted

Hi. Yes! I think anxiety makes you think something wrong . I'm having it really bad right now. And my body been crazy with IBS direha I'm usually IBS constipation. Went to ER thinking I had colon cancer they ran ct scan blood work nothing wrong.. then I thought I was having a heart attack ran a check exray EKG told me anxiety now this week I couldn't swallow and felt lump in my throat they told me it's anxiety!!! I guess anxiety can make you think u have all these illness.. I lost 14lbs n 1 month due to my anxiety . Because I want to refuse to believe anxiety can do all this to me... but I'm still looking for answers!

• Posted

its like i said i dont really have any symptoms just something feels off i hate this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.