Advice

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have all the symptoms of LS. I've been to 4 doctors for my constant irritation, redness feeling as if my vulva is stimulated, bumps in prerinum with the white spots. My lady doctor says everything I'm explains is all LS. When they took a biopsy it came back negative. My question is since she says she is sure I have it, what do I do to help myself! I'm on a steroid cream but it burns and I feel like it's not helping! I feel like I can never be intimate with my husband because I am always afraid. I feel like I am on this emotional roller coaster alone! Thank you.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I can totally relate to this. Am currently suffering with UTI and on 3rd set of different antibiotics, male doc was very unsympathetic to my awful vulval sensitivity which I think is LS related. He didnt seem to know much about the condition. Thank goodness for this forum otherwise I would have gone crazy! You start to think its all in your head. Sex is out of the question now as I too have a fear of the pain. I hope you soon feel better but there are friends on here to support you.
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I don't have awful pain with intercourse. It's normally after that's it's irritated or sensitive! Do you notice your clitours being red and inflamed, with a stimulated feeling when it's not? It's driving me crazy!! Then my perinum is always irritated! I feel like I'm going crazy!

• Posted

Can you go to a female GP? I find that they have a different angle to the men

I use Vagifem and the male GP tries to get me to reduce my usage when the

Female ones say you can use them for the rest of your life!Same with the steroid

Ointment, they don't understand the problem.

You really do need a sympathetic source of help.

Good luck.

• Posted

I have a female gp. She says everything you say sounds like LS. If that cream you speak of a prescribed by your doctor?? I've been using the clob and I don't know how long I should wait before I know it works! When I use it higher it dosent burn, when I use it on the lower part of my vagina it burns like a thousand fires! Thank you for the support.

• Posted

, try castor oil cold pressed that you get at the health food store on your VJ for itching I do not use the steroid cream I only use castor oil no burning and total relief
    • Posted

I think the best thing you can do is use your intuition I see nothing wrong with the hormone but I do see steroids as a topical solution only I am wondering if they heal anyone but I am more interested in eastern medicine than Western medicine Eastern medicine does not believe in steroids they say that they are just a pacifier
    • Posted

I do the same thing Goldie castor oil rules it stops itching immediately and if it doesn't add two drops of lavender oil from the health food store

• Posted

Hi Goldie, I would make sure you stop using soaps or anything scented to wash down there with and bath in baking soda to help soothe and calm down the area.. also coconut cream cools down the area too especially in this hot weather. there are lots of different steroid creams to try.. ask your gp for an alternative, I find cream better than the ointment. Doesn't seem so harsh.. you're really aren't on your own with this, it's a case of finding what works for you.. I was ages before mine settled down but feel that I can manage it well these days. I hope this held you.. try not to get too stressed over this.. keep persevering and it will settle - Jo x

• Posted

I may try and new doctor! I feel like they think I am crazy and I get so scared every visit! I go to my normal doctor this week, I may speak with her about it! Thank you for the support!
  • Posted

My biopsy didn't confirm either but me and my doctor are sure. I don't know what steroid cream you are trying. I was prescribed Clobetasol ointment and it works fine no problem and as advised I use a moisturizer all the time. I use Aquaphor ointment available in the baby department at Walmart.

I hope you can find some relief.

It helps to know you have friends here who understand.

It can be controlled and you can feel better.

Wishing you good luck and better health soon!

• Posted

She really has given me no advise but that my symptoms sound like LS. I'm just scared that this will never stop being irritated and uncomfortable! I use the clob and it seemed to help the upper part of my vagina by it burns the lower area. Should I just use water to wash! I'm one of those anal people who have always used soap down there! I'm just so frustrated. May I ask do you notice increase of yeast infection? I feel like I get them so often! I don't know if this plays in with any of this! Thank you for the support!

• Posted

I am 60 now but I always had yeast problems when I was younger. There were times I would itch and think it was yeast and go and buy medication and it would just burn my vulva skin. I finally got the LS diagnosis.

Don't use soap. I am currently using Aquaphor wash and it is in the baby dept as well as the ointment after shower to moisturize. Moisturize is Very important.

Others suggested to me to lay off sugar and I have cut back and it seems to have helped. I drink more water these days too. Try to just be healthy overall and don't distress.

Do you use the Clobetasol regularly? From what I've read it is necessary.

Talk to us anytime. The secret I think is to keep it calmed down and continue to treat.

If you are young there is s chance the LS can go into remission. Otherwise you have to deal with always.

• Posted

I will try the wash you mentioned. I'm am 31 so I don't know if it will go into remission at my age! I've always delt with yeast and never understood why! I'm trying so hard not to be stressed but it so hard. I was so scared for so long not knowing what was happening to me. I could never get a solid answer. I still feel scared, is my marriage going to fall apart because I feel so lost! No one thinks that vaginal issues could cause so much stress but they do!! Thank you so much for your advise!! You have no idea how much this is helping me!

• Posted

Thank you Goldie! It makes me happy to help you girl. You are still beautiful and you are still sexy I'm sure. You can figure it out. Put those doctors to work if you need medications for your issues , don't be shy. Be proud and take control.

Have a good week ahead!

• Posted

Others have complained that the steroid cream causes the yeast infections or more yeast infections
    • Posted

I think it does as well! The swelling has gone down. Odd question did you notice looser skin on your hood? I also have like a blood blister looking bump, is that normal!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.