Advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after 3 years of pain after a total knee repkacement.can any one give me some advose please.im 54.x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice ive had fibromyalgia for 8 and a bit years it took about 3 years to have it diagnosed before that. Its mostly to do with pain and sometimes you can have a pain in one part of your body for days weeks months and then suddenly find thats not so bad but the pain is now in a different part of your body. Its not nice to live with alot of pepole end up with cfs chronic fatigue syndrome again I also have this but someone I know has only fibro. There will be times where you will get fibro fog that basically means your head is fuzzy and you can't think straight sort of like you know what you want to say but don't know how to put it in words or it all comes out wrong . Very frustrating you must learn to accept some days are better than others I am 53 now and its been awful for me others can get along with it. I get forgetful and depressed because I linger for my old self before i had all this to put up with. Ive also got osteoarthritis and chronic back pain due to a fall not through this but life is hard i have to pace myself. Ihope your family help you through things my kids have been wonderfully understanding. Good luck with everything.

Linda

• Posted

Thats exactly how i feel.im on antidepresants.i feel like im stuck in someone elses body as before this happened i worked 5 days a week and wknds took my grandkids shopping or to the park.i was always the happy go lucky ine snd always had people laughing now i jyst feel so low .xx

• Posted

I have Fibro too and also have osteoarthritis and a problem with my heart valves. I find I am a lot slower than I used to be and if I do too much I suffer a really nasty bout of pain and fatigue the next day. I know that pacing yourself is a good thing to do and I try to as much as I can,but sometimes it's not easy.' Have you got support from family and friends? Try and talk to them about how you feel, I know its hard. When I do too much, I usually suffer the next day. So I try to plan my life a lot more, except that I need to do more than usual sometimes, often something nice, and arrange to do little the next day and rest, feeling unwell. It's the cost I have to pay. I get depressed and anxious, cross and upset at times and I hate waking up on a bad morning with my head full of sleep. This all sounds terrible, reading it back, but I manage to enjoy life and their are things I can still do. As for the brain fog, its annoying and frustrating, going upstairs and finding I don't know why and losing things because I forget but my husband is understanding and does take on a lot for me. I am an ex care worker, who had to stop work. Try and find a pattern for your days and if you can't do what you planned don't beat yourself up! Easy to say, but hard to do!

• Posted

My family are great and help a lit but they have their own families and work.my son bought me a seat so i can aleast sit to cook n that with.its just the constant tiredness i dont like.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.