Advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello! Please can any of you who have successfully cured/ treated your BV let me know exactly how you did it. Thanks so much!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jen,

After several rounds of flagyl which did not work, my gyno prescribed me trindamax and it cleared it up....it does take several weeks to feel better. Also, I used the rephresh gel, (my gyno recommended) every three days for two weeks.

Best of luck!

• Posted

I started taking Emergen-C "Immune +" in the super orange flavor every morning. and for the first week i started them I also did a 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide douche in the evening. i continued the emergen-c for about a year and then i just stopped and it never came back and I totally forgot I ever had it

• Posted

I noticed my symptoms disappeared withing the first few days of taking the emergen-c and it never came back again . periods came and went with no BV . I just took the emergenc out of paranoia because I NEVER wanted it again. good luck to you!

• Posted

hey there! I struggled with Bv for 2 years. i tried everything and nothing worked. Finally asked for labs to be drawn. My vitamin d level was 24, which is low. I now take 5,000iu a day and have no symptoms at all when im taking it. but do have your level checked. if you take too much vit d it can be harmful. best wishes to you!

• Posted

I used a treatment of Gentian violet for 10 days and have been bv free for over a month now.

• Posted

dear Jen, I take balance complex two pills twice daily. It's on amazon let me know if you have anymore questions! This has kept everything in balance for two nearly two years. I have had some issues though. Again feel free to email if you need someone to talk to or personal questions.

• Posted

I have suffered from severe BV for over 2 years. I feel like I have tried EVERY treatment known to mankind and nothing has made a lasting change. For the last 2 months I have been on a birth control tablet that is known to thin the lining of the uterus and as a result I haven't had a period. I have also been using a boric acid suppository once or twice per month. So far, I have very happy with the results. Symptoms are very controlled and I feel normal. I have my confidence back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.