Advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi can you have snytoms of tonsial ectiopa and not need surgyer

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i think it depends on you symptoms and how far the tonsils have moved down also depends on ur surgeon

• Posted

yes as long as you can manage them better than the alternative of surgery ive been told it depends on your quality of life until it is completely affecting your daily activities until you must try surgery but, everyones tolerance and situation is different they say you may have just found out your diagnosis but its been there for years so it isnt something that probably just happened to you, although I UNDERSTAND IT CAN progress no one can tell you how or why that would happen

• Posted

thank you my daughter has just been told and they thought she had eplispy then they said she was funcitioanl but in her mri scan they said its around 5mm but dose not need sury.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.