Advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi i am hoping someone can offer me some advice or words to stop me worrying. about a month ago I tested positive for a UTI. I had lower stomach and back pain, some minor blood in urine, frequency and urgency and going more at night. i took nitrofuratian 2ce and it seemed to clear for about a week. it came back so i was given 7 days trimethoprim. during this time i have been testing my urine several times a day. while on the trimethoprim i did not show any trace blood but it didn't seem to clear properly still

urgency and pain down below. i went back to my gp and they've tested urine twice and no infection was showing up on dipstick just blood and still pain. they want me to have blood tests nect week as they don't believe its a UTI. the blood isn't always visible to the naked eye but when it has been its been a brown colour and within some discharge. i just don't know what to think at all. i don't know what the blood tests might/ could show? anyone.... any ideas ? similar stories? i am half thinking kidney stones but can they last this long?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.