Skip to content
Ad

Kidney Problems

Also known as Fanconi's Syndrome, Glomerulonephritis, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Renal Fanconi's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hydronifrosis and weed

Hello I am 22 year old male with twin hydronifrosis. I was born with it and lived my life pretty much without any issue last check was 4 5 years ago and my kidneys were fine I think. Now recently I started smoking a bit of weed. My question is, is there any danger in smoking weed while having hydronifrosis?...

Posted
  • Pain in back after CT Scan w/ contrast

I had been given a CT Scan previously for pain (W/O Dye), and discovered nephrocalcinosis. I just had another CT done to test for Medullary Sponge Kidney, but this time had contrast (oral and injected). Nothing happened during the process, minus me feeling a tad bit light headed, but it has been roughly...

Last reply
  • Normal urea and potassium level, but high creatinine...

Hi, My brother has normal urea(6.8mg/dL) and potassium (4.2mmol/L) level,  but high creatinine (6.7). He has high blood pressure. We are scared that his kidney might be damaged. But from my very basic understanding, damaged kidney should result in higher values in both salts and urea.  Could...

Last reply
  • Flank pain after a complicated UTI

This has been an issue that I have had for a long time now. I was diagnosed in May with an ESBL E.coli urinary tract infection, after going to the GP complaining of flank pain and typical UTI symptoms. I was given several different antibiotics over the next month or so, all of which did nothing, until...

Last reply
  • Blood tests for kidney function - help needed understanding them!

Hello, Following on from having a 10cm abscess on my right kidney in May 2016, I had a partial nephrectomy October 2016 and the abscess was removed and along with a clear cell papillary carcinoma (grade 1, stage 1). My kidney function throughout this time was fine but I have had to have blood test repeated...

Posted
  • dry and itchy skin after urinating?

For most of the time, after urinating, the skin on my arms and legs suddenly become drier and itchy, is it possible to be due to kidney problems(I felt pain in my kidneys before) that cause changes in the urine composition(urea,electrolytes, waste, etc), resulting in imbalances in my body?

Last reply
  • Anyone had a ruptured kidney cyst?

Had trouble with kidneys all my life. Constant infections,kidney stones etc. About 5 years ago,an incidental finding by urologist showed several kidney cysts in one of my kidneys, Urologist said they "were simple cysts and of no consequence". However, I have episodes of severe pain.blood in...

Posted
  • Kidney and bladder ultrasounds

I've had a bad week. Been to A&E / ER twice this past week. Got really bad health anxiety. Saw doctor on Tues who said he was happy with my recent ultrasound of kidneys and bladder which I was sent for after having small amount of visible blood in my urine, he got me to do a urine dipstick test...

Last reply
  • Could I have a kidney problem?

So for over a year I have been going into urinary retention. Approx in total I must have been in retention about 8-10 times. My recent episode I was in retention for 18 hours, but when I was bladder scanned I only had a max volume of 55mls. My first question would be where is all the fluid going if its...

Posted
  • Medullary Sponge Kidney disease (MSK) and tons of symptoms!

I was diagnosed with MSK about 4 years ago, since then I have been diagnosed with Interstital Cystitis, hypotension, and now am facing possible fibromyalgia! I also deal with Chronic Migraines. I try everyday to deal with all the symptoms that go along with all this stuff but lately I am finding it harder...

Last reply
  • I need advice regarding kidney infection and problems?

I'm 18 and have had various urinary infections this year - approximately 9 - and it got to my kidney at one point. I now have a renal right pelvis and dilated right kidney. Recently after intercourse which is the same general cause of my urinary infections occurred, I was needing to urinate...

Last reply
  • Advice needed regarding antibiotics not given by hospital

Just over a week ago my partner was diagnosed with a severe water infection caused by his catheter and our GP prescribed Amoxicillin stressing how important it was he took them. He started the course but the following day our GP rang with his blood test result - he had almost total renal failure and...

Last reply
  • Any advice can help

Hi I took a at home urine test and it shows I have blood in urine and very low proteins, I have nitrites though so don't think it's a uti. I just had a blood test last month bc I was having a lot of pain under my ribs and they gave me mess for a stomach ulcer and gastritis as that's what...

Last reply
  • cloudy frothy urine NO protein present....

hi, i brought in a sample of my sons urine which looked cloudy and frothy, almost like someone added washing up liquid. the doctor said imediately its protein but was floored when the dip stick was negative. he said his kidney felt enlarged (waiting for scan) and hed have to look into what could cause...

Last reply
  • Been having problems for 2 months, no clue what's going on..

So about 2 months ago I noticed I was getting more fatigued by the day. Since then I have been experiencing fatigue, intense alternating joint pain, headaches, neck pain, and nose bleeds. I've seen a rheumatologist and she has ruled out Lupus, RA and essentially anything rheumatology related. I am...

Last reply
  • Kidney infection

Greetings!! A little back story. I woke up this past Sunday morning with right flank pain, hurt a little too urinate and felt like I wasn't completely emptying my bladder. Felt OK otherwise. Flushed extra water, no caffeine that day. Woke up Monday feeling worse, called my doctor, in for a urine...

Posted
  • can anyone solve my 4yr olds problem?

Hi all. It has been going on for over a year so i hope i dont leave anything out. my son started having discharge, white and chalky in his underwear so I brought him to the doctor, they noticed his foreskin was tight and he got a circumcision. they hoped this would cure the problem but it didnt. He...

Last reply
  • Do My Kidneys Look Normal? Crazy Pain! (CT Scan)

This is my first post, so idk if there are any rules that i'm breaking and if i am, i apologize butI'm having some extreme pain on my right side and i had a CT Scan done, i was wondering if anyone has had some expirence with kidney issues here and if anyone knew if something looks off about my...

Last reply
  • amyloidosis

hi all been quite awhile since i last posted update as to what has been going on  ive had a bone marrow biopsy and been down to the national amyloidosis centre in london where i had numerous tests and scans  turns out i have amyloidosis in the kidneys and spleen  ive been waiting 4 weeks...

Last reply
  • Severe left flank pain no diagnosis

Hi hoping someone may have some insight. I recently went to ER and spent 3 days in the hospital for severe left flank pain. I also had mild abdominal and lower left testicular pain. They did a battery of tests and found a "slight" inflammation in my kidney. Pain is controlled Ketoralac (worked...

Last reply
  • A lot of protein and trace blood in urine??

I had a physical at my doctor and per usual at the end I peed in a cup. Well he calls me today saying he found 30mg of protein in my urine.. I am suppose to get blood drawn in a few days, but I have never had high blood pressure or diabetes.. I have an occasional sharp pain in my kidneys but it's...

Last reply
  • Misdiagnosed Kidney Infection?

29 yo male, 5'11" 145 lbs. I am suffering greatly and doctors can't figure it out. Flank pains, anorexia with every symptom of uremia. Started in late December. BUN/Cr is always in normal limits. What is wrong with me?!?!?!?

Last reply
  • High b12 level & decreased kidney function

I just had some blood work done & my WBC is low, my RBC is slightly high My b12 is high, 1009 with the normal range being 138-653. It also showed the eGFR is 84 with 60-89 showing possible decreased kidney function I will be calling the gp in the morning to see if I need to be retested but I'm...

Last reply
  • Nephrotic Syndrome

Hello, i have nephrotic syndrome stage 3 and have an awful headache coupled with extreme fatigue which is debilitating. Am asuming it's mild anaemia due to reduced function.

Last reply
  • Severe Upper Abdominal Pain related to kidneys?

Hi all, I'm 25 and have ADPKD which I have been aware of for some years now. I have yearly checkups and at my most recent had a healthy eGFR of 87. It has always been around the 80-90 mark. It has never really impacted me at all however yesterday, right at the end of a cycle ride I had the most sever...

Last reply
  • Naturally Cleansed

Hello I have a five yr old that was diagnosed with NS almost 2 yrs ago. I wanted to know if anyone has tried to cleanse the kidneys naturally. I've been reading on Pinterest and found a few cleanses on there and to know if anybody tried them. My next check I'm going to try if no one has tried...

Posted
  • IGA nephrology

Hi, My 5 year old daughter was just diagnosed after a kidney biopsy with IGA nephrology. Doctors say it is on low spectrum at this time. Just wondering if any one else out there is facing this and if so have you been told to do anything special? At this point I have been told nothing that we can really...

Last reply
  • Left sided groin pain

Last week I had right sided pyelonephritis and now this evening I am experiencing lower left sided groin pain. Am I right in thinking they could be related?

Posted
  • Dialysis- in home or hospital? Why?

Hi there,  I'm interested in learning about people's thoughts/experiences when choosing whether to have dialysis treatments done in-home, in a center/hospital.  What sort of things did you consider before making that choice? Was it because of ineligibility? Doctor recommendation? 

Posted
  • elevated creatnine level

My creatinine level for the past year has elevated to 2.39........Doctor sent me for ultra sound of my kidneys. A complex cyst was present. But that cyst has been present even when my creatinine was normal. Should I be concerned with a Creatinine level at 2.39?

Last reply
  • Kidney/flank pain for 6 weeks with no diagnosis

Hi there..i started having bilateral kidney/flank pain 6 weeks ago. Since then, i have noticed a correlation alongside a bloating/ache underneath my rib cage(front) on both sides. I have no issues in urinating and have had various tests done. 2 urine dipstick tests show no blood and no stones in the...

Posted
  • bone marrow biopsy

had bone marrow biopsy yesterday  hope i never have to have it again pain was horrific  worst ive ever experienced never swore so much  thought i was gonna pass out  got heart scan next week and waiting for appointment for full skeletal xray then back to see heamatologist and neph...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.