Skip to content

Kidney Problems

Also known as Fanconi's Syndrome, Glomerulonephritis, Nephrotic Syndrome, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Renal Fanconi's Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• lynda486 lynda486

Complex Kidney lesion

A month ago I had a MRI for my back and they found a growth on my left kidney. Since then I had an Ultrasound and now they are calling it a complex lesion which is 3.0 x 2.9 x 3.7 cm. A year ago I had a MRI that showed on a small collection of fluid around the kidney. Today I go for a triple phase...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Complex Kidney lesion

A month ago I had a MRI for my back and they found a growth on my left kidney. Since then I had an Ultrasound and now they are calling it a complex lesion which is 3.0 x 2.9 x 3.7 cm. A year ago I had a MRI that showed on a small collection of fluid around the kidney. Today I go for a triple phase...

Posted
  • Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3 - Leg / Foot Pain Help

Hello, my 78 year old father has been suffering from severe leg and foot pain for the last 18 months to the point he is now having difficulty standing and walking for any length of time. This in turn has thrown him into the deths of depression now & his memory is severly affected. We have been going...

Last reply
  • Kidney Infection

Hi  Please can anyone help I am getting worried? Two weeks ago I saw my Dr as I had constant pain in my side.Test show it was a kidney infection. Had 5 days of antibiotics and was told if the pain gets worse to call back. After 2 days the pain worsened to lower back, abdominal and genital pain,...

Last reply
  • Malrotated Kidneys

Will keep this very brief. Have had kidney problems for over 35 years. Know what the pain is like. Have seen 2 different urologists over the last 4 years who ordered various tests. CT scans showed kidneys to be badly scarred,a few simple cysts and both malrotated. Neither urologist seemed duly concerned....

Last reply
  • Albumin and Creatinine levels? Please help!

Microalbumin level 26.2 mg/L Albumin/Creatinine level 4.9 mg/mg Creatinine level 539.3 mg/dL What do these test results mean? I can’t see my doctor for another 2 weeks to discuss all my lab work so I’m freaking out and I tried to google but it was so confusing.

Posted
  • Continuous blood in urine .......

Hi guys I have had continuous blood in my urine which is visible. I have had a range of tests from CT, MRI, cystoscopy, renal artery angio, ureterorenoscopy and also had a stent to see if that works.  The drs are at a loss I have no stones or other problems that they say it all looks ‘normal’....

Last reply
  • Severe Kidney Pain & Nausea

Hi, Medical history: Renal Reflux, Bilateral Ureteric Reimplantation, Right Nephrectomy, Recurrent infections & Mild CKD I've been experiencing severe pain over my left kidney (My only kidney) for 7 days. I've also had really bad nausea with it, and have lost 11 pounds in the last 7 days....

Last reply
  • Kidney Ache with Small Quantity of Alcohol

Hi,  Apologies if this is in the wrong area or not appropriate, I appreciate this forum may typically be for folks more advanced into their kidney problems but this was where Google directed me.  Please advise if so. Over the course of the last 3 or 4 months I've noticed an increased...

Last reply
  • Change in bowel habits

I have CKD3.Usually my problem is constipation.Recently my fluid retention has got worse but conversely I now have extremely soft bowel movements.Could this be a sign of worsening kidney function.My dad ended up on dialysis but is dead so cannot ask him.Any advice gratefully welcome

Last reply
  • My 2 year old diagnosed with Neprotic Syndrome

Can Anyone help me or experienced similar ?  I’m in hospital have been for 6 days with my son, his body was full of fluid he had to have protein infusion, now 6 days later, protein and blood in urine still at hightest from his urine, after 6days being on steroids ? His fluid and weight has come...

Last reply
  • Kidney health function questions

Age: 30 Duration: 3 years. Past medical: healthy I started noticing dull pain sensation in left kidney every time after drinking alcohol starting 3 years ago. It was directly correlated to drinking alcohol as the symptoms were not present otherwise. Drinking has in my opinion been done in moderation...

Last reply
  • Scared with no answers

So my issue started around 9 months ago swelling in right leg doctor says periferal odema non pitting i noticed i was not peeing as much during the day would release the water after i got home same symptoms to date now in both legs retain water all day then release it after i get home. i dont pee all...

Posted
  • Complex kidney cyst

I was diagnosed with a small simple kidney cyst in October 16 and told that no follow up was needed. During a ultrasound scan a few weeks ago, the report came back saying that my kidney cyst now shows internal septations and is consistent with Bosniak type 2f and needs follow up. I have been referred...

Last reply
  • angiomyolipoma

Hi there! I was diagnosed with a 4.6 bi-lobed tumour on my left kidney at the end February 2018 --  a few weeks ago.  It was discovered by CT scan whilst looking for colon cancer. The bi-lobed tumour was thought to  be a renal cell carcinoma-- renal cancer. It was growing right through...

Last reply
  • Calcium found on kidneys on ultra sound

Hi, i have had untreated hypertension for some years, only recently gone on medication. The gp referred me for a kidney ultrasound as they were saying im too young for hypertensio (26). The ultrasound show calcium on kidneys (informed by GP telephone consultation for something else). I have also suffered...

Last reply
  • Kidney disease or just anxiety?

Hello everyone, I'll try to be as short as possible. I'm 27 yo male, so far healthy and active in sports at least 3 times a weak. Ever since my friend died from a very terrifying disease (bulbar form of ALS or Lou Gerigh's disease) I've been experiencing symptoms such as muscle twitching,...

Last reply
  • Constant Kidney/Flank Pain. Blood in urine and frequent urination.

Hi there. I’m a 21 year old female, who has been suffering with kidney/flank pain for about 2 and a half months. I originally went to the doctors thinking I may have a UTI because I was going to the toilet and needing to pee again about 20 minutes later! My urine came back with microscopic blood in it...

Last reply
  • So tired with one functioning kidney?

Just had tests and found out only one of my kidneys is functioning, I also have blood in my urine. Just wanting to ask if I should be feeling so tired and drained. As far as I know the other kidney is ok dont know for sure until I see the urologist but the doctor who done my cytoscopy (which she said...

Last reply
  • Blood in urin

Have an enlarged prostate. Passed blood today . The first tim thats ever happened. Now i'm scared to death of kidney cancer. Don't know if an enlared prostate causes blood. Have very bad sleepung problems for about 8 months now. Have had Ct scans , exrays , blood tests , colonoscopy , endoscopy...

Last reply
  • Nephrotic Syndrome Minimal Change

My now 24 year old daughter was diagnosed with NSMC wen she was 17!  She has had 4 biopsys along the way.   She was completely Pred resistant and over the following 3.5 years she was resistant to 3 other very strong medications an approx 2 years ago she was given Rituximab which kept her stable...

Last reply
  • Kidney normal size - Kidney health

Hi, I am 35 years old. My father had PKD and i am getting checked my Kidney functoning every year. Till now for the last 7 years all the reoprts are normal. But in the usg scan report kidney size varies every time: in 2011: 94 mm, 101 mm in 2015: 105mm, 101 mm in 2016: 95mm, 97 mm, in 2017: 103mm, 106mm,...

Last reply
  • Urgent: Angiomyolipoma in right kidney

I have recently done a USG/ultrasound for a periodical check as i used to have pancreatitis which is resolved now.  Right now i do not have any problems or pain. But i was detected with Angiomyolipoma in right kidney (19.8*15.7mm). Is it dangerous? I want to know what are the measures...

Last reply
  • High Creatinine Level - Lasix caused Hypotension in Elderly

Hi there, My grandpa is almost 90 years old and he's had heart problems all his life. He's also had high blood pressure and therefore has been taking medications to counteract it. Last year he had a peacemaker installed. He's also had high levels of Creatinine in his blood and therefore...

Posted
  • 24 hour urine test low creatinine levels

Had a 24 hour urine sample done to check my protein levels as I’m having visible bright bleeding that is coming from my left kidney. I did a 24 hour sample and I was informed that my creatinine level is low is this linked to the kidney or a different problem? 

Posted
  • Confused, Anxious and very Scared

Please can someone put my mind at rest.  I have been having left side flank pain and then the GP found microscopic blood in my urine.  I have had the following tests: 7 March 2018 - Ultrasound of womb and ovaries - all ok Blood tests - normal 24 March 2018 I went to A&E as was in a lot...

Last reply
  • Pain when sitting down

Hi can someone help me understand what I might be experiencing? When I sit in my car or in a chair for too long I get kidney pains that slowly disappears within a day or two, the only way I can prevent this is by putting some type of pillow on my upper back when sitting down so that the pressure is not...

Last reply
  • Kidneys vs IBS?

Hi All! Hoping you can shed some light for me on kidney symptoms vs. not kidney symptoms. Had an IBS-D flare up that started about 2 weeks ago, but seems to have evolved into different symptoms.  Throughout this process, I have had dull kidney (upper back) and flank pain (like a sore, bruised, tender...

Last reply
  • Help and advice with EFGR results please?

Hi there. Was wondering if someone has similar experience or can advise me in any way regarding EFGR results. I'm a (generally) healthy white female, aged 47. I had a routine blood test and scan as I had developed what I considered to be bursitis (good old Google!) For the past year I've been...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.