Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is going to be a long-winded discussion, but please bear with me, as I really need some help. So this all started when I first had an episode of hematuria around the beginning of August after presenting with right flank pain. I went to the GYN and there, she ruled out cysts and found hydronephrosis on an ultrasound. Kidney infection was ruled out, and a CT scan with contrast was preformed where no abnormalities except for free fluid on the left from a ruptured ovarian follicle- 2x2cm. Underwent a cystoscopy and stereoscopy with my urologist where they found a mild UPJ obstruction and they placed a stent which caused too much pain itself to tell any improvements. I then had a renal scan with Lasix where there was no evidence of obstruction other than mild dilation. I then was sent to the Nephrologist where bloodwork was preformed that showed positive antinuclear antibodies and positive rap antibodies, and I can also see that Urine WBC was high and there was trace bacteria in the urine as well as proteins and ketones with 2+ blood. My serum myoglobin was also low. A biopsy was ordered to test for possible lupus, but findings came back completely normal; no abnormalities in glomeruli or anything. As of right now my diagnosis is Loin Pain Hematuria syndrome, which is pretty rare and a depressing diagnosis with the only thing to help is pain management or an autotransplant. As for my symptoms, I have reoccurring hematuria, as well as chronic right flank pain that gets worse with physical exertion. The pain has been increasing and is impeding on my daily life. I have decreased energy levels, high thirst, more frequency and urgency with urination, occasional low appetite, slower healing wounds, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes in neck, and I have always had trouble swallowing which I know is related to some autoimmune disorders. I have a history of asthma, anemia, and possible Raynaud's syndrome, and a family history of kidney stones, lupus, PCOS, Addisons, and Graves. I could really use some help on this, I am going to Mayo to get a third opinion. I am not sure if finding the antibodies was just a chance finding and I could show signs for an autoimmune disease in the future and it is unrelated to my renal issues, or if there is something we are missing.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.