Fat in Urine

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

Looking for advice as 2 weeks to get a GP appointment.

52 male, non smoker or drinker. 27 bmi. High blood pressure for 20 years successfully treated with Acerycal. Otherwise well with no swelling or itch.

Kidney cysts were also picked up on a CT scan many years ago which I was assured to be normal.

For the last few months I have been noticing an oily film on urine. So much so the edges of the toilet bowl have a blue film at the waterline. I tried to remove it with a brush & was surprised to see the only way to remove it was wiping it with absorbent paper.

Last night (after a fatty meal) I urinated in the middle of the night, didn't flush and this morning noticed a heavier film than usual. I disturbed the water and the film turned to globules. Yikes!

I've since urinated into a glass and don't notice anything.

Just on to the doctors surgery and annoyingly he's booked up for two weeks.

Can anyone give me an indication of what could be going on here?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.