Blood test?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I have had a kidney transplant 14 years ago in February. In July i have a blood test and hospital check up. The hospital check up is by phone as it been for last 4 times so that good i dont have to go into a hospital. If they are saying wear masks even to doctors i dont even want to step foot in them. What are chances if i ask one of them to come to my apartment instead. If they dont it look i want be having a blood test this time.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

were are you based? my gp did my daughters bloods & we rang to say we was outside & went through a door straight into the nurses room - the nurse was protected in masks so we were fine with that. my daughter has been in & out of hospital for the last 10 weeks & even admitted & i will say, at first i was panicking but they have different sections at the hospital to make sure their is no contact with staff & patients with or suspected corona & honestly , we felt safe . my 13 year old was put in her own room and a note outside door telling all staff to wear masks & gloves before entering, that was a precaution because my daughter had kidney problems meaning extremly high risk . their was hot wards & cold wards. cold wards for patients with no symptoms or no suspected corona -soon as you enter its washing & masking up . i was happy & felt safe & we go back every week for her bloods taking & again thry put us seperate because she is clinically extremly vulnerable & taking immunosuppressants

• Posted

HI IAM SORRY THAT I CAN,T ANSWER THAT QUESTION YOUR NEED TO SPECK TO YOUR GP OR TO YOUR UROLOGY TEAM THAT I CAN NOT BE ANY HELP TO YOU YOURS CARL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.