Creatinine 149 mg/dL I'm kinda nervous

Posted , 1 user is following.

First off my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong thread. From my reading it seems like this could very well could be a kidney issue.

I'll start from when I noticed this happening. About 20 years ago I would sometimes notice what looked like a foam in my urine. It never caused any pain(during urination) and everything seemed normal otherwise. It seemed to happen more often after drinking coffee or on days when I didn't drink a lot or water(probably dehydration). Almost a year later I had a physical done and told my doctor about my urine sometimes being cloudy. He said the tests should catch anything. Nothing was ever mentioned to me. As time went on I always felt healthy and only went to the doctors for basic check ups to get medication or a referral to something like physical therapy. I also have chronic back pain and see a chiropractor. I remember years ago when I first seen the chiropractor I was having mild back pain higher up than normal. She told me that the area is where my kidneys are and might want to get it checked out from my physician just in case it's a kidney problem. I never paid much attention to it because most of my more severe back pain is lower down by the tail bone. I should have listened to my chiropractor being better safe than sorry. Last month I had an appointment with my newer physician. He gave me a drug screening because I take anti anxiety medication and am a new patient with him. Honestly this is the first time a doctor asked me to do a urine screening which I have no problem with. I checked my results today and everything seemed fine except it said creatinine 149 mg/dL. I do remember the day I took that test my urine was very cloudy. It was not long after waking up, I only had a little water and some coffee so I was probably slightly dehydrated. Normally my urine doesn't look like this as long as I'm drinking water through the day. I'm just really worried about this. Anyone care to chime in on what to expect? My doctor has not got back to me yet because I'm waiting on some sort of gene test also. I figure if it was an emergency they would have contacted me right away.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.