Advice appreciated , new here

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi everyone

im struggling alot and hope someone could give me some reasurance / there opinion please

about 3/4 weeks ago when it was really hot in the uk like 37 degrees

i walked home from work in the heat really hot and out of breath rested.

the next day whilst at work i went out on my break and came over dizzy and really panicky in a shop i left more or less straight away walked back to work in despair cancelled my appointment and asked a staff member to take me home it took me 3 / 4 days to come right

i then was on holiday a week ago and similar happened we were out in the local town and i got panicky and dizzy hot and needed to leave straight away went back to the hotel room cried lots and didnt want my husband to leave me the rest of the trip was a blur really i was not myself , since then ive had 2 weeks of complete dispair no appetite going to work with an absolute struggling worrying and thinking about everything and do not want to do anything or make any decisions every morning i feel horrendous im googling anxiety depression etc 24/7 ive not had a wine in 9 days which is huge for me and everything feels very very horrible im now worried as im fixating on my husband and our home like what am i doing ? do i love him? im anxious when i see him its not shifting im thinking about it constantly and dont know what to do i then think of all the issues we have which have never been put right and things ive done in the past and my guilt etc

ive also had my meds put up from 50 to a 100 sertraline day 5

it is horrendous and dont know what is going on with me

ive booked a therapist private for monday as the nhs are manic busy

i also had similar thoughts as above years ago when i had a bad flair up

sorry for long post but im going out of my mind

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Crystal,

Its sounds like you are having a really rough time at the moment!

It's fair to say and not surprising that you was feeling out of sorts from your walk home after a long and very hot day. Often we don't always think about if we have eaten enough or drank enough fluid throughout the day.

Unfortunately for us as soon as the physical sensations are felt the thoughts, fear and feelings grip us our body seems to go straight into protection mode trying to find a reason for the physical feeling then the vicious circle starts and it can be hard to work out what came first thought and feeling, feeling or thought!!

It sounds like the new meds are causing everything to feel heightened which they are renowned for doing when starting them again it takes a couple of weeks for it all to settle down it sounds like your right in the midst of it all. It might feel really scary but you have done so much already to try and break the cycle you've been to the doctor, been and got meds, taken the meds (i am still steering at mine) and sought psychological support that all shows a huge amount of strength on top of the constant battle in your mind daily which is just exhausting.

I overthink everything when im anxious i constantly feel like a s**t person thinking about past situations and the what ifs working through this when you speak with your therapist will be very helpful for you to create some order in all the chaos.

I know these are not for everyone but I downloaded the Calm App and have been doing the 7 day Calm Programme and 7 Day Sleep its only 10 - 20 minutes in the morning and the same in the evening but I use it and give myself permission that it's OK to not be anxious for 30 to 40 minutes of the whole day it's hard to stay focused but I have found being in the present moment gives me a small amount of release.

I really wish you well for your session, it will get better because your strong you've beat it before and you will beat it again!

• Posted

i’m sorry you are feeling this way. Sounds like you had some anxiety in the past and now you have a flareup again. I’m glad you are going to counseling . keep that appointment!

I’ve been where you are and it sounds like unmanaged chronic anxiety and panic. Tell all of this to the counselor.

you can feel better. I know it feels like the world is ending but you need to take just one day at a time and take time to breathe! it will all be ok! there may be issues you need to resolve and youll feel better. the counselor can help you do this. don’t try to rush the process. And when you accomplish one baby step, give yourself a hug. focus on what you are accomplishing, not the negative.

get on YouTube and listen to some relaxing meditations for anxiety. And also some breathing exercises for anxiety and panic. private message me anytime!

take care of you.❤

• Posted

hi, everything you put in this post i could have written myself. I feel i am at a new level of anxiety which really scares me, i also take sertraline just upped from 50mg to 100mg today. Like you i now do private cbt because nhs list was months away and i am desperate to feel normal again. For me i just feel like im constantly going crazy.

• Posted

its absolutely horrendous

no other words for it

r u in a relationship ?

i worry as im questioning my marriage now aswell i dont even want to be round him he makes me more anxious

what is this ? in your opinion

im going mental honestly i dont know what i want just not this

• Posted

yes i am in a relationship and the only thing i feel is i am not interested in any sexual activities. I am hoping this changes.

do you think you might be more anxious around your partner because you dont want them to see you like that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.