Advice as I cant take this much longer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! I have been on this forum for over a year and since my pancreas has taken a total nose dive...

I am posting now since I totally gave up and I need some help from everyone dealing with similar issues.

I am on Creon 36K, two per meal one per snack. Over the past year, I have very oily yellow stools everyday with about three bowel movements. Stools are soft with a ring of oil floating on top... Creon helps this a tad but I am still not right. In fact, it is helping but just leaves back trapped wind... first few months I was on Creon however it worked wonders!

Just diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes but my blood sugars have been great! A1C dropped from 14 to 6 just last month.

Its the digestion and pain that comes from it thats really killing me. I am fatigued throughout the day and its really taken on toll on my life. My diet is good, a lot of plant based and easily digested food, around 40 grams of fat a day, but im still in a lot of pain.

Just in the hospital last week. I went through a very painful episode only to find out my liapse levels were 261 and the test showed nothing else. I was prepared to be in the hospital for a while.

Just looking for advice. I am seeing another GI next week but anything in the meantime will help. It is needed to rid or at least lessen the pain. I am 26 and I want to enjoy my life.

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

only 26 old .. sorry to hear you are going through bad time . i would suggest take plenty of rest and go to liquid diet couple days between regulare days like ensure , boost , pinaple juice etc .

• Posted

For trapped wind, I highly recommend Bentyl / Dicyclomine. I am prescribed 10 mg 4x per day, but I usually only take it 2 or 3 times per day). It helps a LOT with the bloating and discomfort. I went from looking 6 months pregnant to back to normal. It made a huge difference in my quality of life.

I also recently added Magnesium to my diet, and it seems to have helped me to become more regular. I was already on Colace, but it wasn't doing the trick on it's own. I just feel... better.

I'd see if you can get a blood test to see if you need vitamins. Vitamins A, D3, K2 are often needed, due to malabsorption. It may help with fatigue and any bone pain you may have.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Thank you! Bentyl is something I will bring up at my appointment next week! I appreciate it!

Actually I feel much better today to be honest, I increased my Creon dosage yesterday and started Fatmodine, hopefully it keeps going. Thanks again for the help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.