Advice bout coming off Mirt please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

looking to come off mirt and was wondering how long it takes to get out of your system. I am on 15mg and been on it for 3 months but am so lethargic and lacking in energy, that that in itself US getting me down.

I have a cycle event in 12days that I want to do ok in and enjoy, but don't know if a) how long would take to taper by cutting pill in half or b) stopping straight away, or c) waiting until after the event if I haven't left enough time to clear my system and so stay on till after and just see if I am ok. Please feel free to phone a friend!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi mark i got off mirtz but tapered over to something else...i wouldnt think you should be to bad! i tapered down from 30mg to 15mg before the taper over wasnt to bad few dreams. try a few nights on half of 15mg and see how u go on..goodluck
  • Posted

Hi Mark, I'm tapering off onto something else. Would say it's best to taper off so it goes out of your system slowly and then the effects shouldn't be so bad. I came off cymbalta last year without tapering off and had a very bad low. Finished up taking o.d as I was so low. Hope it goes well. Good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Mark,

From my experience, I would wait until after your bike event as in some peope the withdrawal symptoms can be really bad and long lasting.

I hope that you are one of the lucky ones who do not run into too much trouble but just in case, maybe leave it until after your event.

When you are ready, I would also suggest cutting it down by 50% for a few weeks or until you level out again.

You didn't mention if it has been of any help to you in dealing with whatever you were put on this medicaion for.  Maybe give some thought as to a different ani-deprssant, or maybe you are now fine apart from he fatugue.

Like the other two posts,  wish you good luck and a smooth journey...Danae

• Posted

Thanks danae

yes I think I will leave it till after my event.

it seemed to help at first but, apart from helping with my sleep, seems to have levelled off. With it making me lacking in energy, this has also got me down a bit so vicious circle really. Must admit didn't realise would take so long to taper off, and some stories make me bit worried, but have to say haven't had much side effects with mirt other than fatigue and bit of restless legs an hour or so after taken them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.