Advice desperately needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Unsure if posting in the right area but bit of background. I've had my gallbladder removed already. I've had very loose stools for about 5 weeks now. I originally went to gp for constantly feeling tired, dizziness, sweating etc I had full bloods done and my ESR level came back elevated had a repeat and had come down slightly she now wants to repeat this in 12 weeks to make sure it's still coming down. I returned to Drs about loose stools as was having agnosing cramps with it and once was incontinent of faeces. She did a stool sample and tested my bloods for caeliac. Just awaiting bloods, stool sample was fine. At this appointment my bp was fine but my heart rate was slightly on the low side for me. What finally bought me looking for answers was being awake since 2am this morning in agonising pain with cramps and running to the loo every 20 min and would be sat there ages, still very watery stools but pale this time. Feeling sick all night, back pain stomach pain and no way made it better to sleep. Extreme sweating and feeling that was gonna pass out and eggy tasting burps. Just don't know where to go from here please.

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm putting a lot of my symptoms down to menopause as I am 48, however I do think you are going to need a colonoscopy, to further investigations, have you been to doctors with it yet?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah she said regardless of results from stool/blood that she would prob put me forward for colonoscopy so I'm gonna try getting an appointment again. Going to phone in morning

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Best thing to do, because honestly your symptoms are exactly what happens to me, it goes into infection so have to be treated usually in hospital with intravenous ante biotics, the pain is ridiculously painful, I empathise with you.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get most of those symptoms also if I'm having a flare up of my diverticular x which can only be diagnosed via a colonoscopy, everything your describing I've had during a flare up xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Kelly. so sorry you are having such awful symptoms, i can totally relate to them. One of my condition is bile acid malabsorption, & it produces the symptoms you have if left untreated. The gallbladder is a storage tank for bile salts/ acid. Even when you have your gallbladder removed you can still have bile acid malabsorption (bam for short) In a nutshell its where too much bile acid reaches your colon, & causes dreadful urgency/frequency, diarrea, stomach pain, sore rectum, tiredness & can lead to dehydration. It's diagnosed with a 2 simple scans 7 days apart called a sehcat scan. if diagnoses you can be treated with meds that make a huge difference as they did with me. it is a condition that is commonly overlooked when patients present with ibs-d, crohns, colitis, & other bowel conditions. I recommend you ask your doc or consultant that you get tested hun. hope this helps. xxx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up