Advice - diagnosed with VIN3

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I've just been diagnosed with VIN3 following a GP visit and a biopsy 3 weeks ago to what I first thought were warts. Should I be worried, just after a little reassurance I guess

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anyone have any advice? What I would most like to know is the correlation between VIN and HPV

• Posted

hpv affects also the vulva. cin are cervical lesions, more frequent. vin are vulval. i had vin 1 caused by high risk hpv. i had laser treatment. how are you now?

• Posted

Hi! I have been diagnosed with VIN and been having biopsies and surguries for that.. Mine is HPV related. What have you done so far? I saw another post of yours with a white lession.

• Posted

Ive just been told my VIN3 has returned after having surgery to remove the last lot in 2019. Best advice i can give is to check your vulval area regularly and report any changes. Have you been advised what the next step of your treatment will be? It can take years for VIN3 to develop into full blown vulval cancer so as long as you stay aware of your body and any changes then you should be able to have it managed as best as is suited.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.