Advice for coming off mirtazapine plz

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello i am looking for advice on coming off mirtazapine. I have been taking it for over a year and a half now and on 30mg at night to help me sleep. since being on it i have had all sorts of things happening with my body. weak muscles in chest, dizziness when standing, pressure in the head and behind the ears. I now want to come off mirtazapine but looking for advice on how to do it safely as I've heard the withdrawals can be pretty horrendous. I spike to the doctor but he said I should stay on them and didn't really give me much of a choice so any help and advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Lisa- was just wondering how you are getting on now after your most recent update? I'm taking mirtazapine too, as well as citalopram, but am currently reducing citalopram in order to switch to sertraline. After that is done I will begin to taper off the mirtazapine. any other insights you can give would be really helpful. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.