Advice for hiatus hernia and gallstones

Posted , 4 users are following.

For ages been getting pain under right shoulder blade and under ribs both sides mainly right. Even paid privately for scan and nothing. Then started get painful indigestion a few hours after eating and nausea most mornings and feel bloated every time I eat as if I'm a couple sizes bigger than I am. Doctor tried omeprazole without success . Sent me for camera down the throat in jan this year. Told have 2 cm hiatus hernia and bowels slightly inflamed so took biopsies . Then had abdominal scan which showed gall stones which I was convinced I had even though previous scans ok. Stones small but several of them. Gall bladder not inflamed. Can't get out patients appointment until about may so can't get biopsy results. What I'm interested to know is what treatments people had for these and does anyone else get this bloated feeling. I just seem to be putting in weight no matter what I eat . The only time I don't feel bloated is after fluids. Anyone's feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mostly they do HIDA scan to check the health of gallbladder. 

Stones can be very painful and cause your symptoms. 

• Posted

Hi.

I had my gallbladder out on last year August. Before tht my symptoms almost same like u. I started to hv pain from March, been at hospital for 2 times. Do ct scan, Ultrasound n xray found nth. Then 3rd time i go different hospital check. Found my gallbladder hv small stone which can pass thru my duct. Doctor advice is remove so i wont get pain n pancreatitis (2nd time i in hospital coz pancreatitis. The reason oso i know from 3rd hospital n is cause by thr small stone stuck at there...) At same time, doctor do endoscopy n found out i hv 4cm medium sliding hiatal hernia. Till now, i left only gastric pain tht cause by maybe hiatal hernia. Sorry for my broken english. Hehe.

• Posted

Thanks for reply. Just want my follow up appointment so I know what they going to do with both. And fed up of feeling bloated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.