Advice for my Urethral Stricture

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all! I have been struggling with what i believe to be a urethral stricture for about 3 years now and i need advice on this issue. I am a male in my 20s and i first went to my doctor about this issue when i noticed a slight hourglass deformity in my penis and I had concerns about a weak urine stream. Being so young at the time when i first noticed there was an issue i was very scared and it took a toll on my mental health. It was hard for me to go to the doctor at first because i was embarrassed and worried that he would think that i was over thinking things due to the fact that i am a bit of a hypochondriac. After seeing my doctor he sent me to a urologist who noticed nothing out of the ordinary during a physical exam and then he also gave me an mri on my pelvic region and a cystoscopy. None of these tests showed anything and so the urologist didn't really leave me with any valuable information or answers to the symptoms i was experiencing. After going through all of these tests and still finding no answers i have been really depressed about my situation because i feel like no one is listening to me and that this will always be part of my life and that scares me a lot considering how young i am. To further illustrate what i'm going through i'll tell you my symptoms:

• weak urination
  • a feeling of not fully emptying bladder
  • pain before having to pee (a sensation that feels like i have to pee immediately)
  • pain in penis with what feels like a scar (on the underside of the penis)
  • urine dribbling
  • weak ejaculation (feels like it doesn't all come out)
  • erectile dysfunction/ weak erection (no morning erections and erections need physical stimulation in order to get erect)
  • pain in the back and lower abdomen
  • constipation with what feels like internal fistulas
  • a numbing of the right testicle

As you can i have had to deal with plenty of these symptoms and have been putting up with them for about three years now. From what i have been researching on my own i feel that i have a urethral stricture and acute prostatitis but i am not sure why all the test i get keep coming up as negative. Please if anyone has similar symptoms or knows what i may be going through please reach out. I know this post has a lot but i just wanted to be as clear as possible. One of my biggest fears is if i wait any longer then i will endure greater consequences like kidney failure or sepsis as research says that a urethral stricture (if sever enough) can cause these issues. Any reply would be welcomed or appreciated. Thank you!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You do sound worried too much. Anxiety could actually cause most of the symptoms you've mentioned above. Do you recall any incident prior to that problem? Injury? Sex? Excessive masturbation?

• Posted

the camera up the penis would find a narrowing in a heartbeat. of the scoped you to look and didnt find anything, you dont have stricture. they can test your stream too to see of it is out of normal range. i recorded my pee amd played the stream to my friends and they were like wtf, thats slow! ha try doong that. enlarged prostate can cause a slow stream too. sounds like ot is mostly mental though as that will effect weak erections!

• Posted

You need to see another urologist for another opinion and test.

Firs they should do a uroflow test which measures the stream of urine. At the same time the doctor is suppose to or usually they are suppose to check your urine culture to check for bacteria and also for infection.

Then they proceed with a cystoscopy if need be to check the urethra for any abnormalities such as stricture.

You might have an enlarged prostate (MAY BE) only the doctor can tell.

You need to calm you mental state it plays a major role because there are a lot of people with this problem I am one of them, and therefore you are not alone. Doctors are there to treat because they know the problem exists not to mock you but to actually help you. So get that out of your head and know the doctors are there to help you.

Most of your signs though seem like prostate enlargement or urethra narrowing (stricture)

Try drinking a lot of water and your doctor should also check you for infections.

• Posted

Sorry for the pain you are going through. It may be worthy to consider seeing a psychologist and perhaps a neurologist

• Posted

how long ago was your first cysto? urethral strictures can very gradually develop, I would def see another urologyst for another cysto and check whats happening in the urethra, it might also be some tightening on the bladder neck. As for the prostate, have you done PSA test, that will check if it is enlarged or not. There are plenty of conditions in the genitalia area that create very similar symptoms that is why is tricky to diagnose properly.

• Posted

Hi bono

you have structure nothing else. Get urethroplsty as soon as possible. Cystoscopy dilation will ruined more. Where are you living. ? If England then check In London area.

• Edited

A new treatment is also in the market . Ballon quoted drug treatment known Optilume . Check who is doing in your country.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.