Advice for vitamin d deficiency

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice on how to safely raise my vitamin d. Four months ago it was tested at 19. Dr. told me to take 5,000iu d3 every day, which I have been doing. To my surprise yesterday I tested again at 25.6, still not high enough. So the dr. prescribed me 50,000 iu of d2 to take once a week. 

Im aware that d3 and not d2 is ideal. So should I not take this?

How long until my levels come back to normal?

I am having many severe symptoms and I'm not sure of their cause. Could it be the low d? Debilitating brain fog and insomnia, I feel cold most of the time, and I am having night sweats that smell very bad. They smell sour and toxic, it's disturbing. (I'm only 30, so it's not menopause, and the dr has confirmed I don't have diabetes or swollen lymph nodes. My exam was fine except for Hashimoto's thyroiditis, but at this time my thyroid hormones are within technically normal ranges with my antibodies high.) 

I'm desperate here! Praying that upping my d is the answer...

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Holly,

I would join the Facebook groups for vitamin D deficiency. I would say that the D is causing your symptoms. I had no thyroid problems but he vitamin d caused me sweating, anxiety, headaches pressure in my head dizziness tingling in my legs fatigue hair kiss you name t. And I’m only 35. The groups on Facebook are helpful and there are ppl with hashimotos. Search vitamin d deficiency uk which is one and then vitamin d deficiency. It will bring up the groups. Im sure someone in here will know the exact name. But that’s how I found them. There are so many horrible symptoms. I was on a weekly dose of d2 50,900 iu weekly for 5 weeks and had no improvements. The group and this forum informed me that I needed d3. So I switched about a week or so ago to 8,000 iu daily. And I have good days where I’m not great but to me a good day is my symptoms aren’t severe. And then I have bad days so I’m hoping the bad start getting few and far between. My dr had no clue about the symptoms or how to treat vitamin d deficiency. I went o. YouTube and watched videos that were helpful also. I wish you a speedy recovery as ya a slow process. But some ppl feel better after a short time. Some take longer. We are all different. Hang in there hun! Your gonna get thru this! 

• Posted

Hi holly,

I was give D2 50,00 iu to take weekly when I was diagnosed with a level of 18.11 I took it for 5 weeks and had no improvements. My symptoms are heart palpitations high heart rate sometimes high bp anxiety neck pain pressure in my head also headaches tingling in my last Radom pain all over like ribs chest back etc. I started taking 5,000 iu of d3 almost 2 weeks ago. Even thintoday was a bad day for me my symptoms are improving I had my bloodwork done yesterday so I’m anxious to see what my levels are now. There is a few groups for vitamin d deficiency on Facebook that are also really helpful. Keep us updated. I would take the d3 maybe a higher dose. Some ppl recommend taking magnesium glycinate and vitamin k2. Therebis a post on the Facebook group I believe it’s vitamin d deficiency UK. Best of luck hun. 

• Posted

I’m sorry I didn’t realize I already replied. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.