Skip to content
Ad

Dietary, Nutrition and Exercise Advice

Also known as Beriberi, Exercise Advice, Folate Deficiency, Food Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, Mediterranean Diet, Nutrition, Osteomalacia, Pellagra, Rickets, Vitamin Deficiency, Zinc Deficiency

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • lack of vitamind

Hope someone can help i was diagnosed with lack of vitamin d level was 18. Was put on 20,000 iu a day for 15 days by the 6th day couldnt even walk my whole body just gave up was taken into hospital loads of test done scans all clear apart from vitamind levels took 10days to get back to where i was before....

Last reply
  • Exercises for housebound overweight person

I am trying, with out much look to find exercise books, information or a trainer for myself. I am unable to get out or mobilise properly, this is causing me to put on weight and this in turn is effecting my health. Any suggestions or help please. Thank you

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency?

For several months I've had severe fatigue, or rather complete deletion of energy and motivation, I don't feel tired but feel generally unwell. Doing just a few essential household jobs leaves me feeling weak and shaky and causes me to sweat excessively and overheat. Anything more energetic like...

Last reply
  • Vit D Recovery Time

IAm suffering from vit D deficient.Mine is 15. I have been on 50,000UI/week for last 4 weeks. leg muscle pain BP issues breatheless dizziness Things are very slow in improvement. When will I improve?

Last reply
  • low Vitamin D and 431 platelet count

I just found out that I am vitamin D deficient, my levels were 18 my Dr. Now has me on 50k units a week I took another blood test and my platelet levels were 431, according to their lab that is high but when you look online the normak range says 150-450. Has anyone else experienced elevated platelet...

Last reply
  • d2 or d3?

So after a wild goose chase of trying to naturally cure my depression, fatigue, and pains for about 10 months I have recently went to my GP and got my blood work done. my blood results for everything (cholesterol, sugar, b12, iron/ferritin, testosterone, potassium, and others) my results came back good...

Last reply
  • Tutorial: How to grow muscle as a beginner

Hi, building muscle mass as a beginner seems hard. Probably many of you have tried, but failed. Obviously, at some point I was a beginner myself and have some advice for you: it really only comes down to two ingedrients: exercise and nutrition. If you have tried exercising but not seen any results it...

Posted
  • I want to lose fat get muscle and get stronger

So I'm 16 years old male 5'5 and weigh 192lbs. I have no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to fitness. I been looking around online for information on what to do to reach my goals. But all that I got is confusion. Some people are saying one thing then other people are saying something else....

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency after years of pain and tiredness. I have quite a long history but have had surgery twice on my right foot. The first time was a straght forward bunion op and the second one I am now wondering if was caused by Vit D Deficiency as I was in so...

Last reply
  • How much Zinc should i take to help my facial hair growth?

I've recently been taking Zinc suppliments as i read Zinc can help with hair growth. As well as some multivitimins. I'm 26 and still grow facial hair like 17 year old. My face is covered in small white unmatured hairs. The only place it is mature is on my lip and chin but even there it is a little...

Last reply
  • New Vitamin/Supplementation Regimen

Hi I'm looking to begin a supplement regimen to assist my attempts to improve my current state of physical and emotional well-being. To give an overview of where I'm at, I'm 34 years old and physically fit. I recently had a health MOT and was in the top 10% so all good in terms of what's...

Last reply
  • Organic Baby Foods

I have a preterm birth baby. He  is very weak. He is 7 months old baby. I very concious about my babies health. I want to feed him the best food so that he can become healthy as soon as. Please share your knowledge if you are having the profound and valuable knowledge.

Last reply
  • Food question

Hi everyone! Looking for some quick advice. I struggle for a bit of energy towards the end of the day and looking at what I can eat to help. I have porridge for breakfast, an apple I'd morning, lunch 2 brown ham sandwiches and a banana. I'm looking for something extra I can eat at lunch to...

Posted
  • Vitamin D Deficiency - How to tackle

For over a year, I've been suffering from severe tiredness and joint pain. Sometimes I feel so tired and painful, that I can't move! I've been taking 800u of Vitman D for five years now, but my vitman D is still low. Six months ago, my doctor said to double the dose (1600u). In the time...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency

I've been unwell for on and off now for almost a year. I remember phoning off sick a couple of times before feeling tired and 'achy'. I thought I was just being lazy and this was psychosomatic. Then I started getting really ill when I developed a sudden onset of neck/shoulder pain which is...

Last reply
  • Hip pain near groin two days after exercise

I put this in another forum but maybe this is a better place. A few days ago I went to the gym for the first time in months. I did use both the hip abductor and adductor machines, but I also did a bunch of upper body things, more so than my legs. My hip only started to hurt yesterday and it hurts...

Last reply
  • vitamin d deficiency

Hi I have been having pain in my ribs and arms and shoulders for 4 months I don't seem to be getting anywhere with doctors I do have vitamin d deficiency and was Just wondering if it's anything to do with that doctors won't give straight answer please help

Last reply
  • Critically low on vitamin D3 and urgently need help!!

Hi there, I've found out about 3 weeks ago I'm low of vitamin D. I should mention that I am Bangladeshi female aged 24. The symptoms started 7 months ago include: Exhaustion/tiredness Unable to sleep properly (constantly waking up) Very weak muscles on arms and legs (couldn't raise my...

Last reply
  • Prickly feeling, could this be a vitamin deficiency?

Good afternoon, Ive been getting a prickly feeling all over for around a week now it's really frustrating, the prickly feeling are like little pin pricks going into my skin at various places on my body, arms, legs, fingers, chest, back everywhere, I also am very tired but baring that I'm fit...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficient. Headaches and hairloss?

I have been suffering with really bad pains in my fingers and wrists.  A blood test shows I am very deficient in vitamin d.   My levels are 15.  My dr has prescribed HuxD3 at 20000iu,   2 tablets a day for a week.  The one a day at 1000iu. I have also been having severe headaches...

Last reply
  • Fegugreek supplements

Hi, I started taking fenugreek a week ago as it apparently increases breast growth and i don't like the idea of surgery. Yesterday I read that it increases growth hormone and make you taller, I'm already too tall for my liking and It's made me really worried. Any further information would...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D, symptoms

I had a very low <20 nmol/l level, and had an array of the usual symptoms (but also nausea). I took loading dose as directed and continued with maintenance dose. Three months since starting, I'm still dizzy, weak and nauseous. Some days are better than others. On a bad day last week I was struggling...

Last reply
  • Stinging in back after bike ride

I rode my bike this afternoon now when I go inside anywhere my back gets a stinging feeling what is causing it it's not a constant feeling but every few minutes but only standing up lying down it's not there

Last reply
  • Iron supplement question?

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask. If one iron tablet contains 67.5 mg of elemental iron, how many can you safely take a day and how many is considered too much to the point it becomes toxic? I am about 100 pounds. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Iron supplement question?

Hey everyone, I have a question to ask. If one iron tablet contains 67.5 mg of elemental iron, how many can you safely take a day and how many is considered too much to the point it becomes toxic? I am about 100 pounds.

Last reply
  • 8 nmol/l!!! Recovery timeline?

Hi guys! So, say your vitamin D tested at 8 nmol/l (all other bloods within range) and that your doctor had told you that this undoubtedly played a role in your recent calcaneus fracture. You're an active man in his 30s with a good diet, yet you've been feeling exhausted, weak, spaced out and...

Last reply
  • Vit D deficient

Hi all, diagnosed last week (incidentally) with Vit D deficiency - 21.8. 1 x 40,000 iu capsule of D3 per week for 7 weeks then for maintenance dose. Serum calcium check after 4 weeks. Second dose due Thursday, feeling achy but nothing more. I'd originally gone to GP 'not feeling right',...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency. My whole body aches, what can I do?

I went to the doctor for muscle pain in neck, upper back, kidney area, buttocks, and thighs...basically all over and had blood work done. My vitamin D is 10 (extremely low), CPR is elevated, 10.2 and CPK is 142. Is there a link between Vitamin D deficiency and inflammation? I'm in so much pain everyday....

Last reply
  • vitamin d deficiency

I'm all too familiar with vitamin d deficiency I had it shortly after having my gall bladder removed i.have reason to believe I'm going thru it again I'm showing all same symptoms as before, my question is I had a cbc blood test done all was normal but vitamin d test is separate isn't...

Last reply
  • Recovery - Vitamin D deficiency

Hi all, I Would like to hear about other people's stages of recovery with vit D deficiency? My sister has had 3yrs of issues gall bladder removal, acid reflux, IBS all resulting in her becoming less mobile and becoming bed bound she did manage to bounce back for a short period (6mths) then went...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D Levels

About a month ago I was told that my vitamin d level is 7.  Yes, my legs hurt, knees specifically, and yes I'm tired often.  These were questions asked by my nephrologist.  I had a transplant in 2013, and quite frankly I'm accustomed to not feeling "normal." ...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency success stories

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements. How long did it take to make a full recovery...

Last reply
  • Does massage therapy count as exercise ?

I've been attending massage therapy sessions for my back pain for a while now. I'm having weekly sessions with my therapist and its helping. Does this count as exercise? Should i do any other simple excersices along with this ? or should I increase the number of visits to my therapists ? 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.