Skip to content
Ad

Dietary, Nutrition and Exercise Advice

Also known as Beriberi, Exercise Advice, Folate Deficiency, Food Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, Mediterranean Diet, Nutrition, Osteomalacia, Pellagra, Rickets, Vitamin Deficiency, Zinc Deficiency

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • health

Health is the level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans it is the ability of individuals or communities to adapt and self-manage when facing physical, mental, psychological and social changes with environment. The World Health Organization (WHO) defined health in its...

Last reply
  • Side effects of high dose Vitamin D

I have established from research on the internet that taking 40,000 IU vitamin D pills per week for ten weeks has various possible side effects such a poor digestion tiredness  and aching limbs. . I am now in my forth week and wonder when these side effects will wear off.

Posted
  • adrenal fatigue the signs

For over three months Ive been having pretty severe brain fog, cloudy head the next day after doing cardio HIIT 30 mins. ​   Its like being stuck in a swamp, with a mushy scrambled thumping head, like the brain is swelling. ​ I Cant concentrate on much, or be bothered to do anything other...

Last reply
  • vitamin d deficiency

Hi I have been having pain in my ribs and arms and shoulders for 4 months I don't seem to be getting anywhere with doctors I do have vitamin d deficiency and was Just wondering if it's anything to do with that doctors won't give straight answer please help

Last reply
  • Severe Vitamin D deficiency

Hi, I’ve been feeling very off lately and assuming the worst took myself off to the nurse to have some bloods. Everything came back normal except my vitamin d level which came back at 1! I feel so drained, I thought this was just me being over worked working a full time job & looking after the children...

Last reply
  • What to do after ten week course of high level vitamin D

After a blood test showing very low vitamin D I have been given a course of 40,000 Bio-Vitamin D3 IU per week for ten weeks . I assume that after this I will have to just take a small dose of vitamin D supplements to stop me getting ill again. What dose should be these pills ?

Last reply
  • Vitamin D Deficiency (Absorption problems?)

Hey guys, I was diagnosed with a Vit. D deficiency in February of 2017. My level was a whopping 8 (yes, 8). Naturally, my doctor put me on 50,000 Units of Vit. D3 for 3 months and I finished the prescription in April. Strangely though, my hair started falling out shortly after I started taking the...

Last reply
  • How to start exercising?

Hello everyone I'm a 25 yr old female I want to start exercising. 🏋🚵I have always been thin but now currently my sedentary lifestyle. I stay in my bed almost all day. I stand at 5'9 barefoot and weigh about 140 lbs. I want to get in shape and be healthy now. I'm trying to...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency after years of pain and tiredness. I have quite a long history but have had surgery twice on my right foot. The first time was a straght forward bunion op and the second one I am now wondering if was caused by Vit D Deficiency as I was in so...

Last reply
  • lunch meal

Hi I'm a 16 years old student I have  a problem whit my lunch meal, after I get home I feel a bit tired but when i eat lunch I feel too heavy and I have to sleep for several hours(between 2-6)  so I can't study very well! I've decided to eat salads instead of rich food but...

Last reply
  • Food labelling

What are regulations that apply to food labelling - main food regulations that were updated in 2014 and are associated with how food is labelled on the different food goods found today (The requirements at European and local level)?

Posted
  • How do I cut Lactase out diet?

I recently got nutrition test done on my daughter and the results came back with foods she needs to avoid.One was Lactase...what is this and how does she avoid it????

Last reply
  • side effects of treatment for vitamin D deficrncy

From blood tests, I have been found to have a vitamin D deficiency. I have been given a course of tablets, Bio-Vitamin D3 20,000 IU  twice weekly for ten weeks. I have been doing this for two weeks  and have had indigestion and bad dreams as well as still feeling tired. When can I expect these...

Posted
  • Food question

Hi everyone! Looking for some quick advice. I struggle for a bit of energy towards the end of the day and looking at what I can eat to help. I have porridge for breakfast, an apple I'd morning, lunch 2 brown ham sandwiches and a banana. I'm looking for something extra I can eat at lunch to...

Last reply
  • New Vitamin/Supplementation Regimen

Hi I'm looking to begin a supplement regimen to assist my attempts to improve my current state of physical and emotional well-being. To give an overview of where I'm at, I'm 34 years old and physically fit. I recently had a health MOT and was in the top 10% so all good in terms of what's...

Last reply
  • How much Zinc should i take to help my facial hair growth?

I've recently been taking Zinc suppliments as i read Zinc can help with hair growth. As well as some multivitimins. I'm 26 and still grow facial hair like 17 year old. My face is covered in small white unmatured hairs. The only place it is mature is on my lip and chin but even there it is a little...

Last reply
  • Does vitamin D deficiency causes brain fog?

I have seen some studies about vitamin D helping with depression (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011048/) and preventing cognitive problems in older adults (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5097668/). But I have read in some blogs that vitamin D deficiency causes brain fog,...

Last reply
  • Nutrition based on height and weight

There are different recommended daily amounts for males and females when it comes to nutrition, e.g. 25g fiber for women and 35g for men. Is this not too much of a generalisation?  Why is this not based on weight and height rather than male or female. Is this likely to change in the future? ...

Posted
  • Diet chart, proper nutrition for week?

Diet chart for week to get proper nutrition, as what to eat, when to eat, when do we need carbohydrates whether in breakfast or lunch, when to eat salad, when to eat protein in morning or in dinner?  

Last reply
  • Exercises for housebound overweight person

I am trying, with out much look to find exercise books, information or a trainer for myself. I am unable to get out or mobilise properly, this is causing me to put on weight and this in turn is effecting my health. Any suggestions or help please. Thank you

Last reply
  • Recovery - Vitamin D deficiency

Hi all, I Would like to hear about other people's stages of recovery with vit D deficiency? My sister has had 3yrs of issues gall bladder removal, acid reflux, IBS all resulting in her becoming less mobile and becoming bed bound she did manage to bounce back for a short period (6mths) then went...

Last reply
  • What is the impact of the so called "Clean eating" plague

Any informed person would know that perhaps as low as 1-2% of people have food intolerances/allergies. It would appear in western countries 25% or more wrongly believe that they also have them. The well meaning but mislead are driving a fashion for gluten, lactose etc etc free meals. As with so many...

Last reply
  • Thought on food intolerance tests?

Hi. I've struggled with digestive issues for years, but they have got worse. Blood tests were mostly fine & an ultrasound was clear.  I started a probiotic powder a few weeks ago, which has had a great effect on bowel movements - have been loose for years & always felt like everything...

Last reply
  • Vitamin d

Vitamin d 23 . started taking 10000iu daily with 400 mg magnesium. Do I have to take vitamin k also. is it very important?

Last reply
  • How much can one depend on advice given here???

I have started to become involved in some of the intriguing discussions found in different groups. There seems to be a general thread with the majority offering advice without the slightest attempt to qualify what they suggest with solid evidence.  Without going into detail, thinking something may...

Last reply
  • lack of vitamind

Hope someone can help i was diagnosed with lack of vitamin d level was 18. Was put on 20,000 iu a day for 15 days by the 6th day couldnt even walk my whole body just gave up was taken into hospital loads of test done scans all clear apart from vitamind levels took 10days to get back to where i was before....

Last reply
  • d2 or d3?

So after a wild goose chase of trying to naturally cure my depression, fatigue, and pains for about 10 months I have recently went to my GP and got my blood work done. my blood results for everything (cholesterol, sugar, b12, iron/ferritin, testosterone, potassium, and others) my results came back good...

Last reply
  • Trying and failing to lose weight

I'm 28 years old with two kids. I've always been quite overweight (even as a child) but my weight really ballooned during my second pregnancy and I've never really managed to get back to where I was. At my last check-up I got referred to a dietician for advice because my BMI is around 31/2....

Last reply
  • 8 nmol/l!!! Recovery timeline?

Hi guys! So, say your vitamin D tested at 8 nmol/l (all other bloods within range) and that your doctor had told you that this undoubtedly played a role in your recent calcaneus fracture. You're an active man in his 30s with a good diet, yet you've been feeling exhausted, weak, spaced out and...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency?

For several months I've had severe fatigue, or rather complete deletion of energy and motivation, I don't feel tired but feel generally unwell. Doing just a few essential household jobs leaves me feeling weak and shaky and causes me to sweat excessively and overheat. Anything more energetic like...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.