Skip to content

Dietary, Nutrition and Exercise Advice

Also known as Beriberi, Exercise Advice, Folate Deficiency, Food Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, Mediterranean Diet, Nutrition, Osteomalacia, Pellagra, Rickets, Vitamin Deficiency, Zinc Deficiency

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms

My Vit D level was 42.2 and I am about to take my 2nd Vit D3 20000 tablet,but the dizziness I am experiencing is really bad,a lot things point to a B12 deficiency when dizziness is involved but my levels were ok when tested at 450. Can the dizziness be from the Vitamin D deficiency? Would love some reassurance...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency success stories

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements. How long did it take to make a full recovery...

Last reply
  • Weird internal tremors/heart racing and constipation

I've been having weird shaking feelings in my chest, intestines/lower abdominal area, and - oddly enough - my left calf area for the last two weeks. No pain though. I had one sip of beer the other day and it set off a tidal wave of symptoms almost instantaneously - a strong pulsating heart, extreme...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency. My whole body aches, what can I do?

I went to the doctor for muscle pain in neck, upper back, kidney area, buttocks, and thighs...basically all over and had blood work done. My vitamin D is 10 (extremely low), CPR is elevated, 10.2 and CPK is 142. Is there a link between Vitamin D deficiency and inflammation? I'm in so much pain everyday....

Last reply
  • Vitamin D side effects

Can vitamin d cause side effects? I was feeling a little better levels came from 18.11 to 45.58. Then started feeling worse. I just started magnesium glycinate I can only take 200 mg at the moment cause it upsets my stomach if I take more. But I didn’t take a vitamin d yesterday and felt ok. When I took...

Last reply
  • Do my symptoms match up with vitamin D deficiency symptoms?

For about a year and a half now, I've been feeling pain in my limbs, and it's been getting worse with time. I've spent the past year and a half seeing different doctors, and have been getting absolutely no results. X-rays, ultrasounds, nerve tests, and MRI's show little or nothing wrong....

Posted
  • Feel worse before better????

Hello. I started out with a level of 18.11 3 months ago. For a month and a half I took d2 weekly before I found this forum and the Facebook groups. I’ve been taking D3 daily for 6-7 weeks now and I was starting to feel better. Some of the symptoms went away but now it feel like I’m getting worse. My...

Posted
  • Helpp!

Since November I have felt so ill anxiety panic attacks every hour in and out of emergency I passed out I’ve felt fatigued and have had depersonalization and derealization got a cat scan everything was good got blood work everything was good except my iron and vitamin d were low any one else pls help...

Last reply
  • Does not eating the right foods cause you to feel sick?

I feel sick constantly ... I always have horrible tastes in my mouth food makes me feel sicker and I absolutely hate it... I suffer from constipation a lot and always get pains in my stomach and feel so naousous :'( it's horrible Due to suspected ibs and a phobia of food/being sick my diet co...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency

I've been unwell for on and off now for almost a year. I remember phoning off sick a couple of times before feeling tired and 'achy'. I thought I was just being lazy and this was psychosomatic. Then I started getting really ill when I developed a sudden onset of neck/shoulder pain which is...

Last reply
  • Please help me

My mind is not working for 2 years and no thoughts come in my mind. I have feeling empty mind and i am not able to talk other person because no thoughts come in my mind what should i do?

Last reply
  • Exercise

Hi does anyone know where I can go other than the MK hospital for hydrotherapy as I want to learn the excercises so that I can do them in my local community pool.

Last reply
  • Vitamin D3 - seems to be making me worse!! Hip/joint pain

Hi all, I've had numerous problems with fatigue over recent years plus two bouts of thyroid cancer, but I never really had the any pains to go with it, until early last year when I started to notice intermittent pain in my right hip. As 2017 went on, the pain in my right hip seemed to get more...

Last reply
  • Pls help me

Since November I have felt so ill anxiety panic attacks every hour in and out of emergency I passed out I’ve felt fatigued and have had depersonalization and derealization got a cat scan everything was good got blood work everything was good except my iron and vitamin d were low any one else pls help...

Last reply
  • Vitamin d deficiency

After weeks of chronic thigh muscle pain, neck ache,dizziness,anxiety, feeling exhausted my bloods have come back that my vitamin d level is low. I have been prescribed Colecalciferol 20000 to be taken once a week for 6 weeks and then go back for a repeat blood test. I am 44 and normally fit and well....

Last reply
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

In March 2016 I was tested for Vitamin D after complaints of aching/weak legs and hips as well as headaches, strange vision, extreme tiredness and a fullness in my head like it was filled with expanding foam. The results came back and my level was 14. It took another 3 appointments and 2 months before...

Last reply
  • I don’t know what else to do

Since November I’ve been feeling so anxious having panic attacks every few hours having the worst brain fog been feeling dizzy and just fatigued and spaced out I don’t know what’s going on with me I’ve got all my tests done and a cat scan everything was good except my iron is a little low and my vitamin...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency or is it Fibromyalgia? Or both?

Hi, Here's my story il try to keep it brief. On the second of January 2017 I woke up in the worst state of health I have ever been. It suddenly happen over night and I have never felt so awful in my life. It started with extreme tiredness and burning pins and needles all over and I could barely...

Last reply
  • Pain in chest. Diagnosed with Vitamin D level as 15ng/ml.

Hi All, I am a 24 year old male and since 2 months I am having chest pain especially in left side of chest and sometimes in right side too. The pain usually come and go. Sometimes it persists for a longer time. My doctor had me diagnosed for Vitamin D and the level is 15ng/ml. Is this level deficient?...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D Deficiency and Bone Pain

Hello, I was diagnosed with Vitamin D deficency 9 weeks ago. My level was 25. My dr prescribed 1 tablet twice a week of the D3 20,000 IU tablets. My symptoms were fatigue, bone pain and a mildly elevated ALP level (110-118). My bone pain comes and goes but when it hurts it really hurts. At the moment...

Last reply
  • Low vitamin d

Hi guys I have just fount this forum and so glad I have reading everyone else’s symptoms and knowing they same as wot I have been having, feeling really low head aches,aches pains had pain in my knee for ages had X-ray diagnosed with arthritis, feeling sick not wnted get up for work just wnt sleep, aches...

Last reply
  • Vitamin C self infusion

Hi All, Anyone have any advice on self infusing vitamin C? I have ampoules and can not find whether they can be injected directly without a carrier liquid (such as saline), YouTube and Google are not coming up with much. Any links or info appreciated,  Thanks

Posted
  • INFLAMMATION

I AM ON 50,000 IU VITAMIN D WEEKLY. I DO NOT KNOW HOW LOW IT IS. I HAVE BEEN SICK WITH LUNG INFLAMMATION SINCE LAST OCTOBER. WHEN WILL I GET WELL? COMMENTS WELCOME! THANKS!

Last reply
  • Inflammatory Diet Enhances Colorectal Cancer

A recent study has suggested that the inflammatory diet might increase a risk of colorectal cancer in a person. The study reveals that people who got their diet high in the foods considered to increase the inflammation levels in their bodies were having more chances to get colorectal...

Last reply
  • had beef liver for diner- had more energy!

Just got back from a bike ride and my pulse was only 98. it was higher earlier, and i was not getting any real exercise. Had beef liver 1st time in 20 years, before the ride. I was not planning a ride as i'm always too tired after dinner. This time i felt great! Cooked it in leftover corned beef...

Posted
  • Vitamin D Deficiency and too much Multivitamins?

Hi everyone, As some of you know I have low vitamin D. I been treating it with D3 since joining this group. For about a month I’ve been taking multivitamins as well. I did have someone say don’t take them you are getting too much b12 and stuff you don’t need. My dr wouldn’t redo my blood work so I found...

Last reply
  • Advice for vitamin d deficiency

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice on how to safely raise my vitamin d. Four months ago it was tested at 19. Dr. told me to take 5,000iu d3 every day, which I have been doing. To my surprise yesterday I tested again at 25.6, still not high enough. So the dr. prescribed me 50,000 iu of d2 to take...

Last reply
  • Wiped out after antibiotics

I've just taken a course of antibiotics and my body is now feeling totally wiped out. Apart from live yoghurt what would be the best things to eat to replenish my energy levels. I feel like my body is craving something but am not sure what.

Last reply
  • Vitamin D Deficiency Just Found Out

Hi Guys, I have been in pain for a while especially my shoulder blades, Knees,wrists,back, ankles and neck. Its mainly my joints like a sore burning achy feeling. when I have a shower water sprayed onto these areas feel relief but also sore and tender. I have had a bone scan all ok. My bloods came back...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.