Skip to content

Dietary, Nutrition and Exercise Advice

Also known as Beriberi, Exercise Advice, Folate Deficiency, Food Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, Mediterranean Diet, Nutrition, Osteomalacia, Pellagra, Rickets, Vitamin Deficiency, Zinc Deficiency

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Question about caffeine addiction

Hello! When I was younger all I drank was iced tea and a can or bottle of soda once a day. Not a whole lot when it came to caffeine. Then I discovered coffee and got into that until Mother Nature decided to be a cruel mistress and give me an allergy to it. 1 cup and it's very likely I'll get...

Last reply
  • Eating under 1000 calories a day

What are some of the effects eating less than 1000 calories per day be on someone who is around 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 130 pounds. If I'm lucky I can get around 900 calories a day, but it's usually 200 to 500 calories a day. I'm not trying to lose weight. We just can't afford...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency. My whole body aches, what can I do?

I went to the doctor for muscle pain in neck, upper back, kidney area, buttocks, and thighs...basically all over and had blood work done. My vitamin D is 10 (extremely low), CPR is elevated, 10.2 and CPK is 142. Is there a link between Vitamin D deficiency and inflammation? I'm in so much pain everyday....

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency success stories

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements. How long did it take to make a full recovery...

Last reply
  • Vitamin b6 toxicity

After having symptoms of fatigue, weakness, numbness in hands, heavy legs, brain fog, lack of concentration, lightheaded and muscle weakness for 9 months with no answers. A doctor had some sense to test my b6 after describing my symptoms to her. My level was at 47 (3-30) from only taking a multivitamin...

Last reply
  • A few Food Intolerance questions I need help with please

Hello All I've been newly diagnosed with food intolerances, and still trying to work out which foods cause me issues. I have a few questions regarding food intolerances that I am hoping some of you kind peeps can answer for me. I'm pretty sure I have a number of food intolerances, one being cow's...

Last reply
  • Can vitamin D deficiency really do this?

Hi everyone, I wanted to hear from all vitamin D deficients out there. I have been ill sincd August 2017 and noticed that my symptoms were only getting worse. Before getting noticeably ill, a blood test that I did back in March 2017 found that I am vitamin D deficient with a score of 13ng/ml. At the...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D deficiency

I've been unwell for on and off now for almost a year. I remember phoning off sick a couple of times before feeling tired and 'achy'. I thought I was just being lazy and this was psychosomatic. Then I started getting really ill when I developed a sudden onset of neck/shoulder pain which is...

Last reply
  • Vitamin b6 toxicity

Hi does anyone no how to reduce b6 levels in the body apart from stopping supplementation my levels are toxic I have small fibre neuropathy heart palps dizziness fatigue etc, anyone with any knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated 

Last reply
  • Does not eating the right foods cause you to feel sick?

I feel sick constantly ... I always have horrible tastes in my mouth food makes me feel sicker and I absolutely hate it... I suffer from constipation a lot and always get pains in my stomach and feel so naousous :'( it's horrible Due to suspected ibs and a phobia of food/being sick my diet co...

Last reply
  • Exercise

Hi does anyone know where I can go other than the MK hospital for hydrotherapy as I want to learn the excercises so that I can do them in my local community pool.

Last reply
  • Vitamin d

Can anyone help I've just had a blood test due to lots of pains in my joint. My results came back that my vitamin d is low and I was told I've to av 20 000 tablet twice a week for eight weeks then I need 1000 per day how low do u think my vitamin d is?

Last reply
  • Vitamin d deficiency

Hi I’ve been told I have low vitamin d and been given 20000iu to take every day for 7 days and once every week after the 7 days is this a high dose as I’m abit scared also I take fluoxetine.

Last reply
  • vitamin d deficiency

Hi I have been having pain in my ribs and arms and shoulders for 4 months I don't seem to be getting anywhere with doctors I do have vitamin d deficiency and was Just wondering if it's anything to do with that doctors won't give straight answer please help

Last reply
  • Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms

My Vit D level was 42.2 and I am about to take my 2nd Vit D3 20000 tablet,but the dizziness I am experiencing is really bad,a lot things point to a B12 deficiency when dizziness is involved but my levels were ok when tested at 450. Can the dizziness be from the Vitamin D deficiency? Would love some reassurance...

Last reply
  • Why My Pee Doesn't Turn Yellow?

Hi, I just wanna know your insights about taking multivitamins. As far as I know and also what happened to me a long time ago that whenever I take vitamins my pee becomes bright yellow more likely a neon color. I know that it's normal to have that kind of pee after taking multivitamins. Because of...

Last reply
  • D14 D14

Lactose intolerant constipation?

So i have intestine/stomach problems and practically everything has been ruled out... I know a MAIN/COMMON symptom of lactose intolerance is diarrhea..which I dont have. Could it infact be Lactose intolerant-constipation????

Posted
  • Lactose intolerance

i,ve been suffering with excess belching for a few years.i tried digestive enzymes with betaine HCL. These work great for about a year then stopped working. I found that drinking water triggered a belching fit that could last for hours. The doctor proscribed pantoprozal which seamed to help but caused...

Posted
  • Weird internal tremors/heart racing and constipation

I've been having weird shaking feelings in my chest, intestines/lower abdominal area, and - oddly enough - my left calf area for the last two weeks. No pain though. I had one sip of beer the other day and it set off a tidal wave of symptoms almost instantaneously - a strong pulsating heart, extreme...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D side effects

Can vitamin d cause side effects? I was feeling a little better levels came from 18.11 to 45.58. Then started feeling worse. I just started magnesium glycinate I can only take 200 mg at the moment cause it upsets my stomach if I take more. But I didn’t take a vitamin d yesterday and felt ok. When I took...

Last reply
  • Do my symptoms match up with vitamin D deficiency symptoms?

For about a year and a half now, I've been feeling pain in my limbs, and it's been getting worse with time. I've spent the past year and a half seeing different doctors, and have been getting absolutely no results. X-rays, ultrasounds, nerve tests, and MRI's show little or nothing wrong....

Posted
  • Feel worse before better????

Hello. I started out with a level of 18.11 3 months ago. For a month and a half I took d2 weekly before I found this forum and the Facebook groups. I’ve been taking D3 daily for 6-7 weeks now and I was starting to feel better. Some of the symptoms went away but now it feel like I’m getting worse. My...

Posted
  • Helpp!

Since November I have felt so ill anxiety panic attacks every hour in and out of emergency I passed out I’ve felt fatigued and have had depersonalization and derealization got a cat scan everything was good got blood work everything was good except my iron and vitamin d were low any one else pls help...

Last reply
  • Please help me

My mind is not working for 2 years and no thoughts come in my mind. I have feeling empty mind and i am not able to talk other person because no thoughts come in my mind what should i do?

Last reply
  • Vitamin D3 - seems to be making me worse!! Hip/joint pain

Hi all, I've had numerous problems with fatigue over recent years plus two bouts of thyroid cancer, but I never really had the any pains to go with it, until early last year when I started to notice intermittent pain in my right hip. As 2017 went on, the pain in my right hip seemed to get more...

Last reply
  • Pls help me

Since November I have felt so ill anxiety panic attacks every hour in and out of emergency I passed out I’ve felt fatigued and have had depersonalization and derealization got a cat scan everything was good got blood work everything was good except my iron and vitamin d were low any one else pls help...

Last reply
  • Vitamin d deficiency

After weeks of chronic thigh muscle pain, neck ache,dizziness,anxiety, feeling exhausted my bloods have come back that my vitamin d level is low. I have been prescribed Colecalciferol 20000 to be taken once a week for 6 weeks and then go back for a repeat blood test. I am 44 and normally fit and well....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.