Skip to content

Dietary, Nutrition and Exercise Advice

New discussion Join group Also known as Beriberi, Exercise Advice, Folate Deficiency, Food Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, Mediterranean Diet, Nutrition, Osteomalacia, Pellagra, Rickets, Vitamin Deficiency, Zinc Deficiency

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • adrienne3636 2

Vitamin D deficiency. My whole body aches, what can I do?

I went to the doctor for muscle pain in neck, upper back, kidney area, buttocks, and thighs...basically all over and had blood work done. My vitamin D is 10 (extremely low), CPR is elevated, 10.2 and CPK is 142. Is there a link between Vitamin D deficiency and inflammation? I'm in so much pain everyday....

17 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • melissa92963 2

vitamin d deficiency

I'm all too familiar with vitamin d deficiency I had it shortly after having my gall bladder removed i.have reason to believe I'm going thru it again I'm showing all same symptoms as before, my question is I had a cbc blood test done all was normal but vitamin d test is separate isn't it?

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Ruthie31 2

Recovery - Vitamin D deficiency

Hi all, I Would like to hear about other people's stages of recovery with vit D deficiency? My sister has had 3yrs of issues gall bladder removal, acid reflux, IBS all resulting in her becoming less mobile and becoming bed bound she did manage to bounce back for a short period (6mths) then went all...

19 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • kimber123 1

Vitamin D Levels

About a month ago I was told that my vitamin d level is 7.  Yes, my legs hurt, knees specifically, and yes I'm tired often.  These were questions asked by my nephrologist.  I had a transplant in 2013, and quite frankly I'm accustomed to not feeling "normal."  I do not remember what normal feels like. ...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • taro93814 2

Vitamin D deficiency success stories

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements. How long did it take to make a full recovery...

14 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • harrison48092 2

Does massage therapy count as exercise ?

I've been attending massage therapy sessions for my back pain for a while now. I'm having weekly sessions with my therapist and its helping. Does this count as exercise? Should i do any other simple excersices along with this ? or should I increase the number of visits to my therapists ? 

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • kelly79051 1

vitamin d deficiency

Hi I have been having pain in my ribs and arms and shoulders for 4 months I don't seem to be getting anywhere with doctors I do have vitamin d deficiency and was Just wondering if it's anything to do with that doctors won't give straight answer please help

43 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Gem1384 4

Vitamin D Deficiency and Bone Pain

Hello, I was diagnosed with Vitamin D deficency 9 weeks ago. My level was 25. My dr prescribed 1 tablet twice a week of the D3 20,000 IU tablets. My symptoms were fatigue, bone pain and a mildly elevated ALP level (110-118). My bone pain comes and goes but when it hurts it really hurts. At the moment...

20 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • k11990 2

Recently diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency after years of pain and tiredness. I have quite a long history but have had surgery twice on my right foot. The first time was a straght forward bunion op and the second one I am now wondering if was caused by Vit D Deficiency as I was in so...

225 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • taro93814 2

Vitamin b6 toxicity

After having symptoms of fatigue, weakness, numbness in hands, heavy legs, brain fog, lack of concentration, lightheaded and muscle weakness for 9 months with no answers. A doctor had some sense to test my b6 after describing my symptoms to her. My level was at 47 (3-30) from only taking a multivitamin...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ed12321 1

I have symptoms of lactose intolerance but not all, any help?

I have gotten very flatulent and have started to create body smells that are like sour milk or some other sickly smell which sticks to my bed sheets. I don't experience Nausea or headaches or swelling of the bowels like lactoe intolerence and was wondering why I had these symptoms.  

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • clark92154 1

Soda Pop Displacement Therapy

I am completing my 3rd week and the results are phenomenal!  I used to drink 6 Diet Cokes per day and now I am down to only one.  This therapy works by having you drink one can of soda pop, then for the remainder of that day you substitute a can of seltzer water, club soda or sparking water.  The carbonation...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Wins24 2

Vitamin B12, D, Iron deficient!

Hella All, I got my blood test report and here are the values Cholestrol:175 mg/dl Range:130-220  HDl - 40 mg/dl Range:40-60 LDL - 120 mg/dl Range:0-150 Iron- 36 ug/dl Range:45-165 Creatine- 0.6mg/dl Range:0.6-1.1 FT3- 2.69 pg/ml Range:2.00-4.20 FT4-1.21 ng/dl Range:0.80-1.70 Ferritin-27 ug/dl Range:10-120...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Rangers3131 3

lack of vitamind

Hope someone can help i was diagnosed with lack of vitamin d level was 18. Was put on 20,000 iu a day for 15 days by the 6th day couldnt even walk my whole body just gave up was taken into hospital loads of test done scans all clear apart from vitamind levels took 10days to get back to where i was before....

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lucas18 3
  • joanne29680 2

Help with dietary advise

I have had stomach and bowel issues for around 18 years and am finally having enough. When I tried to get help from the doctor he said that dietitians were mumbo jumbo and he wouldn't refer me. I am going to try with probiotics and apple cider vinegar to get my gut healthy as I can't lose weight and...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • yara15336 1

what exercises should i do?

femele/ 22 years old i used to have an injury that effects my nerves on my lower back. For 3 months I couldn't walk, but now I'm better and I walk again. However, I feel my legs are weak and i can't walk too long. I can walk 10 minutes and then I lose my balance and walk weirdly, sometimes i feel like...

• anthony57342 2

Vitamin D deficiency and smoking.

An unusual question. I've recently found that I'm severely deficient in vitamin D, as low as 10 nmol/l. This is likely to have been for several years. Could there be any connection between this, and feeling dizzy, losing my co-ordination and balance during and after smoking a cigarette? I can feel...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karishma123 3
  • patrick45945 2

How healthy is Gatorade G2?

Up until I recently became dehydrated on my 30 mile daily bike ride, I used water only for hydration. My next ride I tried Gatorade G2 (low calorie) and was impressed how well it kept my hydration level as well as maintaining a good energy level throughout my ride. In the past I would fade the last few...

• vlinder 1

What to eat before a 3 hour long exam

I have a written exam in 2 days for my professional qualification where I have to perform my very best for 3 hours. I have sat similar exams before and I have found that I run out of steam about 2 hours in. Usually at work I would snack on some filling stuff throughout the day in small portions, e.g....

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • helenab 2

Vitamin D deficiency

I've been unwell for on and off now for almost a year. I remember phoning off sick a couple of times before feeling tired and 'achy'. I thought I was just being lazy and this was psychosomatic. Then I started getting really ill when I developed a sudden onset of neck/shoulder pain which is still an on...

275 replies 9 votes Last reply
  • Mglitter 1
  • sarah40069 2

Vitamin deficiency not under NHS

I had a doctors appointment yesterday as I'd been struggling with a cold for over 2 months and feeling anxious on top of it and generally unwell. I asked whether I could have a vitamin deficiency and was told the NHS don't deal with vitamin deficiency. Is this true? The doctor said it was up to each...

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • anthony57342 2

Severe symptoms of vit D deficiency?

Hi guys. I have a level of <20 nmol. I DO NOT have any disabling muscle or bone pain. My main symptoms are dizziness, nausea and weakness. Loss of co-ordination (tripping, loss of spatial awareness), irritability, inability to think straight, at worst times I find it uncomfortable to even talk as my...

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Impi-ben 2

Vitamin D

ive been told today I need vitamin D tablets which my doctor has done for me, my question is besides fish and things like all bran what can I eat to help with this as I don't like either. Thank you

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • rumur 2

Can you get used to supplements?

I've been taking Seven Seas multi vitamin fish oil tabs for 3 days now. I have a cough and sore throat but I doubt its related as I've taken fish oil before and been fine. The pills have made me bloated and gassy but they've also helped make going to the bathroom easier so i don't want to stop them....

• scarlett43295 1

Vegetable supplements, do they work?

What are people's opinions on vegetable supplements? I struggle to eat veg, and I definitely do not eat enough, would they be a good option or are they just a con? Would they actually benefit me or would it be a waste of money? I would be extremely great full of any help, thank you.

• Jcarrigan0 2

Eating right, very active, no weight loss?

So for starters, im a 205 pound male, im 5'7. And am pretty muscular. I powerlift 6 days a week and do cardio about 4 days a week. The one day that i dont powerlift is dedicated to cardio. My job is pretty active, im a team lead at a movie theatre and walk all day long. I count my calories and try to...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lauw0203 2
  • donald89437 2

Returned from the Mayo Clinic

I have been struggling with pain in my body since 2011. I have had doctors tell me I was vitamin d deficient and that was causing my problems. They stopped there until last year when a new endocrinologist actually diagnosed me TIO. At first, he thought it Phosphatemia but then confirmed TIO with additional...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nniieevvee 2

VCLD

So I dropped down from 91kg in Jan 2016 to 86kg in September 2016 through minimal exercise and dieting here in there. I started my proper weight loss in Sept and I am now at my lightest, 56.65kg today in April 2017. This started off with me visiting the gym for an 1hr5mins on the crosstrainer and eating...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • SamCat666 1

Vitamin and Mineral Supplements

Hi there I'm not keen on excercise and I try to eat a balanced diet, however, I have been taking the following supplements for over 5 years and wondered if i was actually wasting my money? I'm 47 years old and a bit chunky for my height, my BMI is bordering on 30!!!! This is the list of supplements...

• james64908 2

Vitamin D Deficiency

In March 2016 I was tested for Vitamin D after complaints of aching/weak legs and hips as well as headaches, strange vision, extreme tiredness and a fullness in my head like it was filled with expanding foam. The results came back and my level was 14. It took another 3 appointments and 2 months before...

53 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • frances02122 3

Vitamin D deficiency, hyperparathyroidism and heartburn.

Hi can anyone relate to having muscle and bone pain with being deficient in vitamin D ?   I get severe pains in muscles down my back and this has spread into my shoulders and up my neck into my head at the back. The pains come and go but i always feel tender and stiff in these area's. I get sharp shooting...

49 replies 4 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.