Getting sick from exercise, cannot figure out why

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am 35 years old and trying to get some help with something that has been an ongoing problem since I was 22, and seems to be gradually getting worse. I used to love working out, however lately it seems even the simplest of tasks such as lifting a box of Christmas decorations, has me feeling unwell for several days after the fact. Soon I fear I won't be able to do much of anything during my day. Whenever I work out whether it's lifting weights, or doing bodyweight exercises such as pushups or pullups, I very shortly into the workout end up with pressure around the neck and ears like blood vessels constricting perhaps, and it's harder to take a breath. I have blurry vision sometimes, can't think clearly and feel out of it. I feel irritable afterward, will have angry thoughts usually about events from my past and will sometimes end up with exertion headaches later that day/the day after.

These symptoms are caused easily just by a little bit of exercise or moving around a lot/lifting something, or even something as simple as doing some gardening. It usually lasts for days after, and is gradually getting worse over the years. Doctors don't seem to know what it is, I have seen a Cardiologist, Respirologist and Neurologist several years ago and they can't seem to find any cause. The only medical issues I have is that I have epilepsy, and take medication for that daily. I do not believe that it has any relevance, just thought I would include that background.

Any thoughts as to what it could be causing this, or who to best ask for help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.