Advice from anyone with experience of Flunitrazepam

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys I'm having a terrible time with my sleep. When I picked up my zolpidem prescription the pharmacist asked how I was going with sleep to which I replied dreadful I have to take 1.5 - 2 times recommended dose (my doc knows). Pharmacist said I should ask doc for Flunitrazepam / Hypnodorm. Anyone had experience with this for sleep?

Thanks guys xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

PLEASE don't take this - it's rohypnol, the infamous date-rape drug.

It's very strong and you will have no memory of the  evening before when you wake u after taking flunitrazepam.

There are plenty of other sleeping medications that your doctor can prescribe! But be careful - they're all highly addictive.

• Posted

They do actually as a last resort prescribe it as they did with midazolam which has since been banned.
    • Posted

Hi Tess.

do you know of its OK to take 7.5mg of zopiclone with a tab of mirtazapine. 30mg. 

• Posted

Hi Vivien,

I was prescribed exactly this by my doctor so I would have to say yes. Also, your doctor wouldn't prescribe meds that don't go well together.

Love Tess

• Posted

It's just that I have some left over from a while ago when I was trying to come of the zops and wondered if I could take them together as not sleeping too well sometimes.
    • Posted

As long as they're in date, you can take them together. I did, prescribed by my GP for nearly two years. But Vivien - you do really need to tell your GP that you're back on the mirtazapine. It's important that you're completely honest with her/him.

I know you haven't had much luck with your GP, from previous messages, but I still say CHANGE YOUR GP.     love Tess.

• Posted

Hey who cares what happened

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.