Advice needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

I've been taking Orlistat now since mid February and have lost 18.5lb, which is great. However for this past week or so my weight loss has stopped dead.

I am eating a very low fat diet, exercising regularly and i've even started jogging for 30 minutes everyday for the past week. but my scales this morning show no change.

I also work out on my wii, using EA Active Sports and walk a lot.

Any advice? Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks

Steph

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've had fortnights where I haven't lost any but always seem change body shape ie. able to move the belt buckle along one.

Do you have green tea? Also I was told by the nurse this week that eating a small apple after main meal can aid the break up of the fat, so maybe worth a try

• Posted

it sounds like you do a lot of exercise, its possible that you're gaining some muscle weight, i have been loosing very little the last few months even though my food intake is the same as before, i had my weigh in this morning with my doctor and she said that my body shape is changing and there's more firmness, less wobble which is good!
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice, i'll try the green tea.

I do drink a lot of tea during the day and I have milk in my tea, I have switched to skimmed but maybe if I try herbal teas etc it might make a small difference.

Thanks for the advice re muscle weight. I hadnt really thought of that, I have noticed that my legs are a lot slimmer this last week or two and that there are muscles appearing, but I thought they were just under the fat and not that i'd build the muscle up.

Thanks for the advice, i'll press on with it and hope I can loose a lot more.

Just one other thing, is 18.5lb in 2-3 months a decent amount of weight loss, im trying not to get obsessed with how much i've lost but its difficult. Maybe im trying to rush things a bit, I guess I want the fat to come off quicker than is realistically achievable.

• Posted

Hi Steffers,

Congratulations on the weightloss so far, it does sound like you've probably built up muscle, so as others have said consider it inch loss even if you dont have weight loss.

How much you lose really depends on how much you have to loss, 18lbs over a 3 month period though is a steady, consistent weight loss, you should be proud of yourself!

Carley

• Posted

Thanks for the info guys, ive just realised that i've been eating a lot of fish which has 13g of fat in..... but isnt that good fat? :cry:
  • Posted

LOL - no such thing as good or bad fat on orlistat, just fat and you can't go over 15g's per meal or 30g's in total per day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.