Advice needed

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am on pip until 2018 daily living and standard mobility.

I had a esa assesment and when i received my medical record it stated i couldnt walk more than 3 steps and had to sit back down and was put in the support group.

I sought advice from cab and was advised to send my esa report into pip as my circumstances had changed according to the report. Thing is it hasnt changed i couldnt walk before when i was assesed for pip mobility and was still given standard mobilty. Ive sent the report in and reported a change of circumstance thinking that pip would just accept what the report said but they have sent me another form to fill in.

Now im scared they will want to assess me again. I was a total mess last time they arranged an home visit throwing up for 3 days before they came with anxiety and all i did was cry through the assesment i dont think i can face another one again. So do i ring and tell them ive changed my mind or just go through with it. Any advice would be great

0 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi dawn82680.                                                                                                                                  Chances are they will want to re-assess you. Get an home visit again and ask a friend/relative to be with you on the day. Don"t asume your"e ESA report tells the story and if they say there is no need to try any fisical movements, don"t let them jump to the next question without you explaining why you didn"t try, if you not up to it. ( even if they say there is no need for you to try ) This happened to me. They said there is no need to stand up. On their report it stated i refused. With a true report you should have high points, going by what you say and a truthfull assessor. I think the nurse i had came on a broom stick and was in party mode. HA. Take care 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Both my esa and pip assesors were lovely the esa guy asked what mobility i was on and when i told him he said thats ridiculous that i should be on high mobility he asked if i was like this on my pip assesment i told him exactly the same and he shook his head.

I will try im just scared they will get sick of me and stop my payments or stop mobility

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi dawn82680.                                                                                                                    I have never had an ESA assessment where they have asked anything about my Pip mobility and vice versa. I am under the impression they not conected. This is why i say don"t asume the ESA assessor you make comment too, would give you high points if he were working for the PIP. Take care.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

sorry for got to ask did you get medical record off your gp dont mine me asking how much does it cost hope you dont think i am being cheeky
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I rang dwp and asked if i could get a copy of my esa medical report it took 2 weeks cus they said they dont keep them they go into an archive but they sent me a full report 43 pages of it didnt cost me anything though x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been refused PIP after a 2 hour home visit assessment. In 4 years I've had brain surgery due to a tumour, I now have epilepsy, ME , fibro and I'm having further tests with a rheumatologist. I get passed all over the place with the NHS it's a joke. I want to work, I even tried volunteering but my fatigue and pain takes over me. I'm waiting for my ESA medical assessment, it had been cancelled 4 times because the assessor is on long term sick. I have sent a letter and further medical evidence to PIP for a reconsideration, my assessment has been unfair and cruel. The assessor said some people who work get PIP really!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Gemma this is totaly out rageous,frown if you have been denied PIP with all you have then theres not much hope for any of us is there. Just how bad do you have to be before they consider one should get PIP, half dead! Yes your assessment has been unfair and cruel and maybe this why our grand daughter who has MS but struggles to work( well what shes supposed to live on then) got refused because she struggles to work! rolleyes
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Up until early this year I had DLA - High Mobility & Middle Care indefinitely.

I do a lot of voluntary work just to keep me busy and my mind active - probably up to 50 hours a week!

I refused to be transferred over to PIP as it was pretty obvious that if I was truly honest with them about what I do there would be no way I could get PIP - I tested myself and got 4 points for care.

So we are now down by £250 a week because I do voluntary work.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi les59996.                                                                                                                     My Man Recon results came back with no change, still denied PIP. So now i have gone into appeal stage. My results came back with some paper work that relates to someone else. Now, i am not sure if this paperwork should have left their office even if it related to me! I don"t know how or what anyone gets after a Mand Recon. It has another persons name and nino + assessors name on it. It"s an insight into office calculations and point scoring details of wether they agree or dissagree with personal details of a client. ( i have sent it in to the appeal courts along with my paper work )  ta.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'll go one further. With an ESA assessment they issue a report that is sent to the DWP - an ESA85 document. One of the pages of that document is headed 'Harmful Information'.

You never get to see that sheet - it is retained by the DWP. Unfortunately for the DWP some idiot in their office copied the document when I asked for a copy of my ESA file even though a clear 'post it' sticker was attached saying - 'do not copy to the claimant'.

What that sheet is used for opened my eyes into what actually goes on.

There were 7 lines of script completed by the assessor telling the DWP in confidence what they could not put in the rest of the report. The assessor described me to the DWP as 'argumentative, bombastic, awkward and someone that holds no credibility as to what they say'.

When I challenged the DWP about that sheet, they apologised and said that it should not have been copied to me. So assessors do send private comments about the claimant to the DWP which would obviously affect their decision making.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi les59996                                                                                                                      Ha, they dropped a big one there. Besides, what message were they telling the assessor. If not, FAIL this one. I had ESA report and was called disruptive. I only asked the assessor how she was getting on with job. Ha nuts. ta.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up