advice needed please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hiya,starting pills tmrw,I get no more than 5g of fat in 100g but how will I find a dairy spread eg margarine that is suitable? Also any crisps or snax anyone can recommend? I'm nervous! X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Crisps are a no no! Snacks fruit and some low fat cereal bars.

No butter or marg I use to have extra low fat mayo on bread instead of butter.

Just stick to below 5g and no more than 15g per meal and you will be fine.

• Posted

I think you need to think about what you're doing and why before starting. This is a diet to lose weight and then become a healthy living plan to keep the weight off. There's no place initially for crisps or fatty snack or butter etc. once you have lost the weight these can become OCCAISIONAL treats. I know it sounds harsh but that's how it has to be. If you could have all these things in your regular diet and maintain a healthy weight then that's ok but I'm guessing that as you're on this forum that's not the case.
  • Posted

Hi mabes yes fairy is so right you will not find any butter or spread under 5gm you have to give that a miss im afraid if i want a treat and have bread with something i use laughing cow extra light on whole meal toast is the lowest fat cheese spread other then philli extra light but im afraid thats it with these tablets you have to cut out the butter crisps etc the only crisps i found as a rare treat were m&s very low fat baked crisps even tho they are low i would still only have them as a one off treat good luck im sure you will be fine xx
  • Posted

Thanx to u all for ur comment's, I will take it on board!!! I enjoy reading thru these discussions, it's amazing what u can learn! X
  • Posted

Hello,

Its not for everyone, but I found that Butter flavoured fry-light tends to be an okay substitute for marg/butter. Its sweeter and more artificial than butter (obviously) but give it a go, you might like it.

As for snacks, Iced gems (not the chocolate ones) are really low in fat if you want a sweet-fix - 0.8g per bag, theres loads of stuff like melba toast, rice cakes, cracker breads which are great, I eat ryvita Cheese crackerbreads which have 0.2g fat in each of them and they take the edge off a crisp craving.

I hope this helps, its better to start a low-fat diet for the first few days before taking your first pill to avoid any side effects. I was so scared to take them, but as long as you stick to it, then you should be fine smile x

• Posted

I use the flora light proactive cholesterol as a butter but very lightly spread!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.