Advice Needed Please

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed just over 4 months ago and I was

doing ok until about 4 weeks ago . I now can't eat anything without

getting horrible symptoms of bloating, feeling really sick ,

gas pain , feel hot , pain in my ribs back and front. This is after tiny amounts , e.g. sweet potato and fish .

I saw my doctor who is referring me to a gastroenterologist but

My problem is how do I cope with not being able to eat while I'm waiting to be seen . I've reached the stage where I don't know what to eat , my food cupboards are bare as I can't tolerate anything.

I feel my life is over as I'm so tired all the time, I don't bother getting

dressed as too tired and sick to go out . Any advice appreciated as

I just don't know what to do . Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Linda

hi well ide just start by keep going to a and e and start camping their until I g=had tests done and get help as that’s the only way they help you here now in the UK , that’s if your in the UK of course.

• Posted

I am in the UK and have been to A&E many times .

I'm always sent to the same hospital and always the same ward which

is a surgical ward. I've had CT scans ,sigmoidoscopies , xrays which all come

back normal . They won't/can't refer me to another ward so I'm just

sent home until the next time when it's all repeated with no treatment .

I know they are missing something but they don't want to know .

I'm so tired of being admitted to hospital as I know the routine off by heart .!

• Posted

Linda

i totally get you xx bless you.

as crappy as it is , it’s nice to know I’m not on my own as they don’t want to know with me either.

ive come to the conclusion, that when they don’t know what’s up, or can’t work it out , well yr on yr own with this one.

but they will supply you with a lovely bed 🛏 while yr symptomatic just in case you die , can’t have folk just dropping dead on the street as it were. Then when you don’t die , you can go home now.

i hope and prey for you that you find an answer and some relief.

• Posted

Hi, Linda,

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Can you tolerate eggs?  They are good sources of protein.  Can you tolerate milk?  Milk is, too.  Look up "low residue" foods on line.  Those are foods which don't require much processing by the intestines.  xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda

I can't tolerate eggs or milk . I have been on a low residue diet

for years due to having IBS .I used to love eggs too .

• Posted

I'm so sorry!  I had hoped that those two foods would work--provide you with some much needed nutrition!  Best of luck to you, my dear. xx

• Posted

Linda - i suffered the same symptoms as yours for the past 3 weeks but i still have a non working gallbladder with gallstones, not yet removed.But i have chronic gastritis which is causing all these problems. For the 3 weeks i dont have appetite, severe bloating if anything eaten, very tired. I also took omeperzole and gavison , which even made things worse for me. I had very little quanity of Yogurt rice  for all the 3 times for almost 3 weeks and i had papaya fruit little quanity daily. After i had papaya fruit my appetite atleast returned.But still struggling with bloating. are you taking zantac ? if not , please give a try to see if it helps .. it seems you have lot of bile coming through.

Definitely you should stop eating fish or any meat and try vegeterian for few weeks.no fried or fatty items for sure.

• Posted

After your gallbladder is removed, bile "drips" into your stomach and lots of us cannot get rid of it.   If you can purchase Pepcid 20 mg, take one 30 minutes before you eat anything.   Your pain may be caused by inflammation in your stomach and intestines and it can hurt so badly you can feel like you are having a heart attack!    Try eating bland food like oatmeal, baked potatoes, toast, hard or soft cooked eggs...good luck.

• Posted

I'm curious. What was your diet. After SURGERY and the following months ahead. Until you got sick again.

• Posted

Hey fernando

rock n roll

how you doing my friend ?

is all still ok, I sure hope so.

• Posted

UPDATE Saw my doctor, he has given me some tablets

to help with the feeling sick ! . I've got to wait to see a gastroenterologist

which could take months ! How can the anti sickness tablets help ?

I'm not eating because I can't find anything I can tolerate.

Anyone taken Cyclizine ?Any side effects ? Dr doesn't seem bothered I'm

not eating anything. I feel like giving up .

• Posted

Hi linda

cyclizine is usually given to people for motion sickness or vertigo , my mum was on that for years she said it was her life saver ?

stopped her feeling and being sick , without it she couldn’t even get off her bed as she was so dizzy, so I guess it’s worth a try for the nausea, good luck and I hope it helps you stop feeling sick, because if it does , that means you can eat , 

• Posted

Thanks for the info . Just a bit worried about any

side effects as the pharmacist said I will probably

Be extremely sleepy on this and my other meds.

• Posted

Linda

really give me some then I can’t remember the last time I had a decent sleep lol

ide start by breaking one in half and see how I am with it ?

i hope you find some relief Linda. Sounds like you need a break.

• Posted

The reviews on these tablets are scary . This medication is banned

In some countries because it's so dangerous ! !

People have died from taking it and others have been left with serious

side effects . I definitely won't be taking it !

• Posted

Linda

omg really wow neither would I in that case !!

your exactly the same as me lol I will not take anything without researching it first.

but then I find myself taking nothing at all ,as it seems everything has caused death and everything can cause side effects Linda ?

infact I don’t and won’t take antibiotics anymore as I know it was a course of erythromycin that kicked off my gallbladder problems 3 and a half years ago, and when I researched it in depth I found a lot of people claiming erythromycin caused them gallbladder issues, but when you even attempt to present this to a gp they dismiss it immediately lol

so I researched deeper and discovered that their isn’t a single antibiotic in the world taken orally!

that doesn’t have the ability to cause what they call , gallbladder disturbances !!!    FACT !!!!

but try telling a doctor that , and your nutcase at least that’s the reaction you get from them , even though the evidence is out their in multitude Linda.

we live in a strange world we do indeed !!

• Posted

UPDATE on seeing gastroenterologist.

Well the earliest appointment is the middle of June !!

I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait that long .

I'm so thin now , I'll be a skeleton by June ! So depressed with it all .

• Posted

Linda, having to wait that long is upsetting, to say the least!  In the US, we have protein drinks that older folks and those who are ill or just out of surgery can drink.  Have you tried any of those?  xx
    • Posted

Hi Lynda , I have tried the meal replacement drinks

and also the fruit drinks , the meal replacement drinks gave me

pain and diarrhea so bad I ended up in hospital !

Because they are creamy they set mg IBS off which then

gave me an infection in my bowel (diverticulitis flare ) . Fruit drinks way too acidic .

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it, it's such a shame I can't

follow your advice. I think I'm a lost cause ! Seriously there must be something I can eat , it's so exhausting looking in supermarkets.

• Posted

Oh, dear, you must just be at the end of your rope!  I'm sorry that I haven't been of much help.  I do care about what's going on with you! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.