Advice needed please. Can't cope with my skin :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey. Since I moved abroad last march my skin is bad. I was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. It is always itchy, then gets red and sore then goes dry and then gets even itchier when the skins thick. I don't know what to try product wise or if anything makes it worse. I can't cope anymore. It's mainly on my armpits, back, belly, bikini line area and joints. Does anyone have any tips or ideas to try? Thanks you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natasha,

I know the feeling. What I've done for my self and it does work is juice spinach, carrots, celery and apple. I drink it every day and have been eczema free for 4 months now. I used to go to the dermatologist on a monthly basis, I tried every steroid cream there is. I had to change my bedsheets every other day due to blood stains. I was embarrassed to go on the street because I didn't like the way I looked. I changed my die a little, stop drinking coffee, milk, sodas. Trust me this really works. 1 handful of spinach, 4 carrots, 2 celery stalks and 1 apple.

Good luck.

• Posted

Wish my granddaughter (10 yrs old) would have that in her diet. She has the same kind of eczema. Part of her problem is resistance on her part to treatment, otherwise her eczema would be much improved. She has organic/cotton bedlinen and anti-allergy pillows etc., no carpets, skinfriendly clothing, washballs instead of detergent, dustmite controllers, water softener installation. She is having strong steroidal ointment and moisturisers but it just gets worse. Started getting comments from people in the public. No support from school in spite of letters from consultants. The head is a piece of work and doesn't empathise with children's health issues. Her mum is at the end of her rope.

• Posted

Hi Diane,

It took me years to understand that what the skin needs to be healthy is vitamins and not steroids. What you'll hear from doctors is that eczema won't go away, it is a condition that you'll have for life and there isn't a cure; that is true. What they won't tell you is that it can be controlled with a good diet. It takes about 2 weeks to notice a difference on your skin. Have your granddaughter try it, you won't regret it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.