Skip to content
Ad

Dermatitis And Eczema

Also known as Atopic Eczema/Dermatitis, Contact Dermatitis, Cradle Cap, Dandruff, Eczema and Dermatitis, Perioral Dermatitis, Pompholyx, Seborrhoeic dermatitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Skin regenerates too quickly

Hi, I am 34 and was diagnosed with Eczema over 10 years ago. Basically my facial skin seems to regenerates too quickly and leaves a dead later every couple if days with needa to be removed not to cause redness & rashes. I have learned to manage it by exfoliating regularly but would love to understand...

Last reply
  • I have been eczema free now for 2 months

A couple of months ago a patient came into the pharmacy I work at and requested an item called 'Skin Repair Lotion' with emu oil. I hadn't heard of it but it was available through special order from our pharmaceutical wholesaler so I ordered it for the woman. She told me that she had been...

Last reply
  • I can’t take this anymore! My eczema got worse

I know this is not the place to rant but I have nowhere else to go. I need to know if this is Normal for people my age with eczema (15) my eczema has been getting worse and the worse it gets the more unmotivated I get. Lately my skin has been really itchy and flaking off everywhere, (literally!) My face...

Last reply
  • Perioral Dermatitis ?

So here I am, feeling horrible because of my face, skipped a couple of classes cause i dont intend on leaving my room like this. Let me give you some context. I've always had a very dry skin. Around a year ago, i had an eczema on both my arms and a doctor prescribed me Advatan and i think it was...

Last reply
  • Dry flaky skin- icthyosis

Try Amlactin lotion. I have a mild form of icthyosis vulgaris and this lotion helps me a lot, I love this lotion.  Apply to a  small area of skin first to make sure it does t sting. 

Last reply
  • Rash on face- is it sehborric dermatitis?

I'm 20 years old and suffering from a rash on my face. The first breakout was around 5 weeks ago. I noticed a red spot above my left eyebrow after hearing stressful news and eventually it spread to my chin and above my lip. I was at the beach and after around 3 days the rash or whatever it was...

Last reply
  • Contagious dermatitis? What can it be?

Hi, My partner and I both got really itchy and flaky scalp skin about 6months ago. We visited the doctor and said it was dermatitis, for which she prescribed topical cortisoids. The treatment worked, atleast it did for 2-3 weeks following the treatment. It now just keeps coming and going . The strange...

Last reply
  • Eczema Help 911!!!

I have had eczema on and off since I was a baby.  The worst breakout since I was a toddler was in high school - 20+ years ago now.  Three months ago, out of nowhere, the middle finger of my left hand started up again. It has flared up and then just as soon as it is nearly healed - going through...

Last reply
  • What Is True About Lice

My friends oldest daughter had headlice I wasn't aware of this until I went with them to pick her up. I didn't touch her but the mom did. I was in close contact with the mother afterr she found lice on one of her smaller kids. I was checked and. had only dandruff but my head has been itching...

Last reply
  • Pectoral dermatitis

Anyone suffer from this? I’ve had it so many times this year and I don’t want to take antibiotics since we are trying to get pregnant. I’ve changed my face wash (African soap) face lotion (Shea bUtter)  shampoo (homemade) and conditioner (homemade) body wash (homemade). I put apple cider vinegar...

Last reply
  • What *should* Eczema/Dermatitis generally look like?

(Warning: Long read, but have to explain my situation) Back in June of this year, I had this crazy rash-like itch develop on my thighs, behind my knees, on my upper arms near the armpits, and finally in the waist area up to my stomach. There were some few isolated spots like on on of my forearms but...

Last reply
  • Skin flakes everywhere

I have been suffering from Atopic Dermatitis and extremely dry skin eversince I can remember. I had it as a child- it would get infected time after time and I'd go through hell. As an adult, the whole thing had gone into remission with just occasional flareups and bleeding on my feet. However, since...

Last reply
  • Toddler's Perioral Dermatitis

My daughter's journey with perioral dermatitis has gone on for over a year and she isn't even three years old yet. It began last winter with a rash around her mouth that pediatricians kept saying was eczema or bacterial or fungal, so they kept prescribing steroid creams and bacterial/fungal ointments....

Last reply
  • Dyshidrotic Eczema sharing my experience

I developed DE around Feb 2016. Although I've always had mild eczema my whole life.  I would get some spots here and there on my hands, which would usually clear up.  My problems with DE started to appear as my regular eczema, but I noticed this time I would get blisters and fluid building...

Last reply
  • Help me with my **possible** perioral dermatitis

Hi Everyone. I am at my wits end with my skin and wondered if anyone could suggest anything. About eight months ago I went on a course of antibiotics for a wound that wouldn't heal. It did the trick, but a couple of days after I finished the course I began to get huge flakes of skin coming off...

Last reply
  • Can Eczema cause bruising, if so how can I prevent it?

I have always had mild eczema and dermatitis but it has got worse over the last 6 months. I now have eczema all on my back, hips and legs (and eye lids) it's annoying but I have been dealing with it but now I am getting bruising on the same areas. I can't wear skirts or shorts as it looks like...

Last reply
  • Please help me with this behind my neck and hairline eczema

Hi, I have been troubled in the last 6 months with this (don't know what it is) but some form of eczema behind my neck and spreading in my hair. Pls see attached photo to get an idea. I have been to the docs and have tried the creams which is of no help. It started small but now has spread alot and...

Last reply
  • A small area (1 inch square) of red dots on my shin.

I noticed this small area of red dots on my shin. It's located at the inner part of my shin and I noticed it for at least a months already. It hasn't been either better or worse over the time and not itch to my memory. I am male in my late 30s and kept my hygeine to very good.   The...

Last reply
  • Eczema on my whole face! help?

Ok so I've had eczema my whole life I have yet to find anything that works or helps. I know my diet is factor, because I'm allergic to everything! I was fine with it being on my legs and arms all growing up I'm 26 now. And it has traveled to my face it's been here for 2 months and is...

Last reply
  • Eczema around the eyes

:roll: I have recently out of the blue become affected by an unknown allergy causing eczema around and under my eyes. I used a steroid cream which solved the problem for now. I dont know what caused this so I dont know how to prevent this eyesore. Has anyone else had eczema around the eyes?

Last reply
  • Naz yilmaz

I been taking 30mg for over a year now feel numb from it don't u derstand why. One time I cut my finger and it felt like nothing happen that was a bit strange. Anyone can tell me advise about this will make me feel right thanks.

Last reply
  • Pompholyx - Solved

I've had Pompholyx (also known as Dyshidrosis) since I can remember. When I was small I had it on hands and feet, while since my twenties only on my hands. I was given cortisone to treat it, which temporarily solved the problem, however it lost efficacy quite quickly. Around 33-34 years of age,...

Last reply
  • planta fasciitis

my daughter has been suffering for the last 8 months with this condition, and it’s been very painful for her. After all the exercises, wearing a boot for 6 weeks painkillers the end is in sight. The pain has eased, although she still has pain it’s becoming more manageable. Having gone to the doctors...

Last reply
  • PD seeking help

Hello ladies. I just came across ur blog when i was researching anout Pd, and i read all ur suggestions but i think they are way back. Any new suggestions or successfull remedies to cure ur pd?? I’m now trying  apple cider vinegar and using a non-steroidal cream (Emollient cream) For three days...

Posted
  • (Please suggest!) Red, itchy skin on inner thighs

Hi, i am a male aged 34 (am physically very active) and have this skin problem which occurs on both sides of my inner thighs (the  inside area of thigh which joins with genitals) in which the skin becomes red and itchy.  Rashes do not develop in this situation however. As on date i have been...

Last reply
  • Eczema help! Fighting a losing battle

I've had eczema ever since I can remember and I'm now nearing 20. My scarring is so much more worse than the eczema itself and I'm losing the will to live about it. My skin is 2 totally different shades now and I'm constantly covering up because of how bad it is. Can anyone help? My dermatologist...

Last reply
  • Bad dermatitis around boyfriend, lost for causes

I (19) have bad atopic dermatitis - and it seems to be closely related to being with my boyfriend. When not around him it can react, but nowhere near to the degree as it does when around him. However, when I'm with him (e.g skin on skin contact) I flare up much more often - and can often feel my...

Last reply
  • Me and partner have the same rash

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and recently we have both broke out in the same kind of rash. It has appeared on our joints so the arms and legs and on my wrist. I went to my GP today and was told it was eczema and nothing to worry about, but the fact that she has it too is scaring me....

Last reply
  • Vagina blisters

bumps kind of by the anus, i have a couple  blisters on the vagina lip.  The symptoms only came after I started taking antibiotic for a cut inside my vagina. what could it be?

Posted
  • What I did to be free of my dermatitis!!

I created a blog about my story and everything I learned over the many years of struggling with this horrific skin condition. If you struggle with this as well go to my blog site @ Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.