Skip to content

Dermatitis And Eczema

Also known as Atopic Eczema/Dermatitis, Contact Dermatitis, Cradle Cap, Dandruff, Eczema and Dermatitis, Perioral Dermatitis, Pompholyx, Seborrhoeic dermatitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Eczema on Hands- Has Anyone Cured It?

Hi guys! I've always dealt with eczema, almost exclusively on my hands. It used to be so bad that my hands would crack and bleed and ooze on BOTH sides (front and back). I quit dairy and some other food triggers and my eczema is SO much better however it is still bad. I have to wear cotton gloves...

Last reply
  • I have been eczema free now for 2 months

A couple of months ago a patient came into the pharmacy I work at and requested an item called 'Skin Repair Lotion' with emu oil. I hadn't heard of it but it was available through special order from our pharmaceutical wholesaler so I ordered it for the woman. She told me that she had been...

Last reply
  • Do I have eczema or pagets disease of the breast?

My nipple (both, primarily left though) has been itchy for a few weeks now. It usually is ignorable but sometimes it flares up. There are also small bumps around my nipples that secrete tiny amounts of fluid when squeezed, only noticable because of the shine under light. I dont know what this is. I dont...

Last reply
  • Driving me mad!

Been under doctor for a few months now.. meds don't seem to do anything! Blisters and pus still forming on my sole of foot.. have random blisters on hand..

Last reply
  • Chronic Contact Dermatitis

I have suffered with this condition on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet now for over 30 years starting in 1984 whilst working in a Clothing Factory. I am allergic to 6 conponents of which are  Nickel, Cobalt, Rubber, Leather, Ariel Soap Powder and Potassium Chlormate. I have had Hospital...

Last reply
  • Ezcema

any help would be appreciated. I have suffered with reoccurring bouts of ezcema on my hands, they are severe at the momement have  been for a week, it starts with itching where the itch drives you crazy,   they are really painful, I have used steroid creams but I find they are worse, I am using...

Last reply
  • I need help

I have suffered with eczema since being a baby and now I'm 30!! It is getting me so down like you wouldn't believe! I'm due to go on holiday in 5 weeks which anybody would want there skin glowing and I'm currently at the point where I'm at the doctors every 3 weeks with a bad flare...

Last reply
  • Eczema Help 911!!!

I have had eczema on and off since I was a baby.  The worst breakout since I was a toddler was in high school - 20+ years ago now.  Three months ago, out of nowhere, the middle finger of my left hand started up again. It has flared up and then just as soon as it is nearly healed - going through...

Last reply
  • My cure for excema on my feet and hands

I cured my excema in my early 20’s by a fluke. Since I was 7 years old I’d had eczema very bad on my hands and feet, especially my feet. One day while skiing I was so upset I went outside and stood in the snow barefoot. I stood there for about 25 minutes to a half hour and melted all the snow around...

Posted
  • I can’t take this anymore! My eczema got worse

I know this is not the place to rant but I have nowhere else to go. I need to know if this is Normal for people my age with eczema (15) my eczema has been getting worse and the worse it gets the more unmotivated I get. Lately my skin has been really itchy and flaking off everywhere, (literally!) My face...

Last reply
  • Skin flakes everywhere

I have been suffering from Atopic Dermatitis and extremely dry skin eversince I can remember. I had it as a child- it would get infected time after time and I'd go through hell. As an adult, the whole thing had gone into remission with just occasional flareups and bleeding on my feet. However, since...

Last reply
  • Dyshidrotic eczema,

I have Dyshidrotic eczema for years. It first appeared on my hands when I was seven. Then when I moved to Australia , I got it on my hands and feet. I tried everything, moo goo, potassium permanganate foot baths, aristocort steroid cream, I try not to eat gluten or diary. The last couple of months, the...

Last reply
  • Things that helped me through TSW

Hi everyone, i've fought a battle with TSW for nearly a year and i can say i am nearly cured now. I haven't used them for too long before tsw and that could be the reason it took me "just" a year. When my cycle of flare up comes now, i only get a few itchy and red patches and they...

Last reply
  • TSW

I have not used the topical steroid in 4 days my face is crusty from puss and my eyes are swollen. Is this normal for this

Posted
  • Help me with my **possible** perioral dermatitis

Hi Everyone. I am at my wits end with my skin and wondered if anyone could suggest anything. About eight months ago I went on a course of antibiotics for a wound that wouldn't heal. It did the trick, but a couple of days after I finished the course I began to get huge flakes of skin coming off...

Last reply
  • Eczema around the eyes

:roll: I have recently out of the blue become affected by an unknown allergy causing eczema around and under my eyes. I used a steroid cream which solved the problem for now. I dont know what caused this so I dont know how to prevent this eyesore. Has anyone else had eczema around the eyes?

Last reply
  • Nexplanon and my eczema

I have had Eczema since I was younger, but it wasn't too bad. I had a flare up when I was 14 for a few months, but it went after a being prescribed creams from a dermatologist. I got the contraceptive implant when I was 16 and I have experienced really dry skin for the past 3 years and tiny flare...

Posted
  • Diprobase

Hi i am just wondering if anyone has used Diprobase for an eczema flare up and if so if its any good? I am considering trying it for a rash i have on my chest which i think is my eczema. The area is a bit sensitive at the moment so i am weary of what creams to try. Any advice greatly appreciated

Last reply
  • Any ideas?

I have a rash of some kind under my nose - starting at and continuing from my nose crease. It is red, dry, itchy, small pustules (nothing coming out and no heads). I keep getting Perioral Dermatitis as a result when I search it. Trying to get a photo to accompany. 

Last reply
  • Help me please!

I have a facial rash presenting as approx 2cm spots along my jaw, around my eyes and on my forehead. It is extremely itch, hot, burning and sore. I have tried high dose prednisone which helps but comes back within 24 hours. I have tried topical antifungal creams and they don’t work. It’s getting to the...

Last reply
  • Help me!

I have had eczema since i was a baby however it seems to have got better as i have got older until recently. I have started to get a rash on my chest with little blister/spots which is very dry. I have been to doctors who gave me betnovate ointment however this seems to be making it worse i think its...

Last reply
  • Stress dermatitis

Hello, I've been diagnosed (by my hairdresser) as having stress dermatitis and been prescribed Betacap steroids by my GP which help until I stop them! Ive just made a paste of banana, honey and avocado which has helped so much better than steroids 

Posted
  • Skin regenerates too quickly

Hi, I am 34 and was diagnosed with Eczema over 10 years ago. Basically my facial skin seems to regenerates too quickly and leaves a dead later every couple if days with needa to be removed not to cause redness & rashes. I have learned to manage it by exfoliating regularly but would love to understand...

Last reply
  • SUGGESTIONS What kind of laundry detergent do you use?

Im switching from Purex's liquid clean and clear to Seventh Generation’s sensitive skin pods. I think the Purex has been  irritating me or maybe it's the people at the Laundry Mat who use so much of their   detergents, bleach and/or softeners it leaves some behind in the machine. (i...

Last reply
  • Eczema or psoriasis what to do

Hi my daughter sent me a pic of a red scaly spot on her lower leg. What could this be? Eczema..psoriasis...dermatitis?? Can we send a pic on the forum ! 

Last reply
  • Help and advice with my (post?)PD and Eczema please

Hello, so I'm new here, but since I self-diagnosed my PD, these forums have been helping me treat it and now I'm hoping that I can get some further help by posting my own story. (Hopefully, it won't be too long to read) A little about me: I'm a 19 yr old female. When I was a child I...

Last reply
  • Dermatitis on face/possible allergy

About a year and a half ago I got really bad contact dermatitis on my face where it was bright red. It happened when I was cleaning and stupidly mixed products. I'm guessing whatever chemicals were in the products didn't react well. I also had stomach problems and diarrhoea for a few weeks afterwards....

Last reply
  • helping

I know how to solve the problem of atopic, this comes from years of research which i have done myself, the reason being that i am patient myself, its not curable but it can be handled. The most important is your diet so do not eat any non veg food including eggs. do not eat any food with gluten in it...

Last reply
  • Red skin syndrome is healing?

Hi everyone, Since i was 12, and now i'm 20, i've been using topical steroids to control my eczema flare ups (usually betamethasone). For years it worked. But last year in January my mother's friend, seeing what's happening, told me that i should stop using corticosteroids as they thin...

Last reply
  • Toddler's Perioral Dermatitis

My daughter's journey with perioral dermatitis has gone on for over a year and she isn't even three years old yet. It began last winter with a rash around her mouth that pediatricians kept saying was eczema or bacterial or fungal, so they kept prescribing steroid creams and bacterial/fungal ointments....

Last reply
  • perioral dermatitis

Hi. I have been suffering of a terrible skin condition since almost a year ago. The last dermatology i have seen told me that i have papular rosacea/perioral dermatitis . It has made me so sad , i have try many creams im taking antibiotics since 2months ago but nothing has help. Please can somebody...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.