Skip to content
Ad

Dermatitis And Eczema

Also known as Atopic Eczema/Dermatitis, Contact Dermatitis, Cradle Cap, Dandruff, Eczema and Dermatitis, Perioral Dermatitis, Pompholyx, Seborrhoeic dermatitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Flaky skin and red on face - Cure found

This is going to be my one and only post. I have had this condition for 25 years and I think that it is closest to seborrheic dermatitis. I know one thing and that is that most dermatologists know very little about the skin but make a career out of pretending they do. Many are professional charlatans....

Posted
  • Seeking Guidance from those with Experience - Sudden Dermatitis

Hey guys, So about 1.5 months ago now I broke out with Eczema all over the front of my right leg and foot and no where else. I've never had it before so I didn't know what it was.  I went to a dermatologist after many sleepless nights (sooo itchy!) and was prescribed a 2 week course of...

Last reply
  • Whats this skin disease..!

hello.. glad to join this forum. iam a new member and please forgive my spelling.. coz english is not my native language. i have a skin problem in my leg feet and hand knuckles around 5 years. i have checked with more than 5 dermatologists in my country.. most of them told its a family related skin...

Posted
  • How to minimize a scar

I was operated on my leg due to a fracture. My external fixator was removed a few days ago and it has left dark 5 dark scars on my leg.. Is there a remedy to minimize it?

Last reply
  • Very bad Dermatitis on fingers

Hi all, I've suffered from Dermatitis for 5-6 years (Self diagnosed as my doctors surgery have not confirmed what the issue is). I have been prescribed several steroid creams and oitments previously however none of these work and seem to cause me more issues such as the skin on my fingers thinning...

Last reply
  • Atopic Dermatitis and Petroleum Jelly

Hi, so I'm 15 years old and I have had Atopic Eczema for my whole life, and a few years ago my Dermatologist told me to use Vaseline on my skin as a moisturizer, and I have but recently my family has been saying that Vaseline is bad for my skin because of all of the chemicals it has in it, and I...

Last reply
  • which skin lightening cream shall i use if I have ezcema

Hey i have been victim of ezcema. My face had acne and there were scars on it and so i started appyling creams and i dont know how or what trigerred the ezcema but ezcema spreaded on my face. The ezcema got worse since last 2 years on my face and I used to had swollen red skin with yellow liquid ozzing...

Last reply
  • Dyshidrotic Eczema sharing my experience

I developed DE around Feb 2016. Although I've always had mild eczema my whole life.  I would get some spots here and there on my hands, which would usually clear up.  My problems with DE started to appear as my regular eczema, but I noticed this time I would get blisters and fluid building...

Last reply
  • perioral dermatitis - nghtmare then success!

I am a 43 year old female who had very good skin until approximately 6 months ago. I began to suffer from this condition then thinking it was an allergy to something until it began to spread to my forehead, at which point I sought medical advice. I was initially prescribed Metrogel (which made no difference...

Last reply
  • Rash on right cheek only

hi there, thanks for taking your time.. I developed a rash 2 years ago on my right cheek. I tried different diets, cutting out dairy and gluten but nothing helps.. it is sometimes scaly and usually not itchy.. the bumps are in cluster and some parts of my cheek are not raised and seem unaffected, surrounded...

Last reply
  • perioral dermatitis

Hi. I have been suffering of a terrible skin condition since almost a year ago. The last dermatology i have seen told me that i have papular rosacea/perioral dermatitis . It has made me so sad , i have try many creams im taking antibiotics since 2months ago but nothing has help. Please can somebody...

Last reply
  • Poison Ivy?? --When to see doctor?

I was out in the yard a couple weekends ago cutting down some tall weeds and believe I got caught with some nasty poison ivy / poison oak.  It is mostly  covering about half of my lower leg.  But I also have some 'single' spots on my arms which am thinking could be poison ivy as...

Last reply
  • Advice needed please. Can't cope with my skin :(

Hey. Since I moved abroad last march my skin is bad. I was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. It is always itchy, then gets red and sore then goes dry and then gets even itchier when the skins thick. I don't know what to try product wise or if anything makes it worse. I can't cope anymore. It's...

Last reply
  • Skin Rash need some help.

I have been to mutiple Allergist and Dermatologists seek some answers.  I have had mutiple skin biopsies  and everything comes back negative.  My allergist had done patch and prick testing and the only thing that came up was grass and pollen.  I have had this rash on and off for the...

Last reply
  • Eczema that spreads when it touches other skin

I've got a new patch on my forearm that turned pink and scaly then broke out into blisters and turned red. This happened to me last year starting on my belly and popped up elsewhere in small patches (arms, thighs, back) and this year it has deposited a little blister on my bicep where the forearm...

Last reply
  • Perioral dermatitis- there is a light

Hi all, Firstly I have been reading lots into this condition after being diagnosed with it 6 weeks ago. Thought I would share some tips and what happened to me. So it started as small bumps around my chin i though just a break out so I tried a tea tree toner this obviously didn't work it spread...

Last reply
  • sore redness around my nose and mouth...

the sore redness around my nose and mouth have been irritating me for about a month now. at one point it started going flaky and dry but now it's turned red and bumpy. I have tried topical treatments, antibiotics, cream, everything but it none of them has worked. what should I do? and what do you...

Last reply
  • 808 808

Facial treatments with Estheticians?

Can a person with Eczema and Psoraisis & possibly Lupus, get facials from an esthetician?   And if the answer is yes... what types of facials are helpful and which ones should be avoided?  Any specific ingredients to use, OR, stay away from?

Posted
  • Eczema/Dermatitis Cure

Your skin is creating new skin cells faster than they are falling off.  This is causing your skin to build up, then die, then split open and then become infected.  It sucks, as you may know.  Tried many Doctors, patch tests and many creams, ontments and even drugs my regular Doctor said...

Last reply
  • Left with light blotches all over arms, is this normal?

My daughter is just 2.5 and suffers from eczema. I've noticed since shes got a tan that she has blotches of untanned skin on her arms, it's really obvious. Is this from the eczema and likely to go? I'm just a bit worried that the eczema has damaged the pigment in the skin or something. Has...

Last reply
  • Eczema on my whole face! help?

Ok so I've had eczema my whole life I have yet to find anything that works or helps. I know my diet is factor, because I'm allergic to everything! I was fine with it being on my legs and arms all growing up I'm 26 now. And it has traveled to my face it's been here for 2 months and is...

Last reply
  • I have strange spots that have appeared on my wrist arms and legs

As above i have had 7 different visits to my doctors who have tried different steroids and creams to no avail tbh ive lost confidence in my doctors surgery. They have now referred me to dermatology which will take a few months. The 2 main bigger spots, one is a red ring round normal coloured skin with...

Last reply
  • Anyone have experience with the new antibody drugs?

Regeneron has a new FDA approved drug... anyone have experience with it? More information is at this NYTimes article: Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site, see below for...

Posted
  • Alternative Cures

When I was 1st diagnosed with ezcema 8 years ago I had tried every over the counter cream known to man, none would work, even a steroid cream prescribed by my doctor didn't work.  I found on the internet a cream which came in a small yellow pot not much bigger than a thimble with magi-creme...

Last reply
  • Skin flakes everywhere

I have been suffering from Atopic Dermatitis and extremely dry skin eversince I can remember. I had it as a child- it would get infected time after time and I'd go through hell. As an adult, the whole thing had gone into remission with just occasional flareups and bleeding on my feet. However, since...

Last reply
  • Red spot on penis shaft ! I need your advices

It is been a while ,around like 4 months ago that i have the same thing before ,it was healed ,but now it came back .. Red/pink spots on penis shaft , when it get dy , a dry skin will form in top of it and rarely is itching I m try'n vaseline those days but is seems no changes on it

Last reply
  • Seborrhoeic Dermatitis

Ive been suffering with this condition for about 2 years now. Im 27 years old and ive found it to be very distressing. Ive never suffered from any skin conditions ever before in my life and find it bizzar that im suffing from it now. Sometimes it effects what i do as i dont like to be seen out when it...

Last reply
  • ear eczema

I have seborrhoiec ear eczema which keeps getting infected. It is very itchy and dry.  Olive oil makes it worse.  I have tried some other eczema creams but this has caused balance problems.  Can anyone suggest what I could use long-term instead of olive oil?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.