Skip to content

Dermatitis And Eczema

Also known as Atopic Eczema/Dermatitis, Contact Dermatitis, Cradle Cap, Dandruff, Eczema and Dermatitis, Perioral Dermatitis, Pompholyx, Seborrhoeic dermatitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • eczema-like hypersensitivity and gluten

Hi all, just wanted to share that radically reducing my gluten in-take has cured my 2 year battle with super itchy little bump rash on most of my left calf. Dermatologist said it was an "unidentified hypersensivity" not excema although to me it looks just like eczema, and to use …

Posted
  • Eczema/Dermatitis Around Eyes. Please Help

I had an allergic reaction to something (still unknown what) 5 weeks ago and since then I have had awful eczema around my eyes. I have been to the doctors 7 times and to absolutely no avail. They gave me steroids tablets for 3 days, this cleared it up but it came back 2 days later. Then another …

Last reply
  • Has anyone got eczema after breast surgery

I am a 65 year old woman who had a breast reduction January last year, the operation went well, However a couple of weeks after the operation I developed a small red patch on my nipple area of Left breast, this has slowly spread to the whole nipple area which breaks out in blisters and then …

Last reply
  • Can anyone recommend me some shampoo

I have had seborrheic dermatitis since I was a teenager and I have always used a coal tar shampoo when I had an outbreak. My health has been pretty poor in the last 8 years and the dermatitis has flared up a lot more since I have been unwell. The coal tar shampoo no longer works, so I tried an anti …

Posted
  • Dyshidrotic eczema/ pompholyx...this is my experience

So I’m 32 years old, I’ve never had any allergies never had any skin conditions until April 2018. My hands started itching right after they started peeling. And I’m not talking about the epidermis, the skin was so thin my fingers were raw. (I will add pictures) at first I thought it was an allergic …

Last reply
  • Daughter has mystery sores on scalp!

My daughter has sores on her head than came back negative as fungal, and didn't go away with antibiotics. They appeared after she scratched her head so hard she drew blood. They first appeared on her part line as yellow pus looking (but not leaking) spots, then they gradually dry out and scab …

Last reply
  • Naudene

Good day Can your face get swollen from dermatitus its al like a butterfly rash can the steriods be affect of swollen eyes

Posted
  • Eczema in a 3 year Old

My daughter has had the problem of eczema since birth.she is now 3years. The skin gets a rash and itchy. How can i get help guys?

Last reply
  • Hopeless, tired and depressed.

Today I feel disgusted and ashamed. Every time I cream my body I feel disgusted. Every time I look at my blistery hands and horrible red blotchy sore arms I feel ashamed. I feel utterly dehumanised. I have not had a proper nights sleep in a long time due to being itchy and scratching. The …

Last reply
  • What's this?

There are small, skin toned bumps on my knuckles and a side of my forehead that won't go away. They aren't harmful they just look a bit annoying. Can someone tell me what they are?

Last reply
  • hard water

For the past 3 years I have had eczema on my hands. I live in a hard water area but recently returned from 2 weeks in Spain were the water was soft. whilst in Spain my hands lmproved greatly. I use hemp moisturiser from the body shop. Do you think purchasing a water softener for UK water would …

Posted
  • Rash or blister idk? On palm

I've had this rash on my palm for about 2 weeks. It feels like a blister. It's peeled and I've picked at it when it was itchy. It's dry. I never did anything to get a rash or blister so I'm very confused. It's just one spot on my palm of left hand. But there's a small …

Posted
  • New Rash

I just noticed a few minutes ago that my arms have some red bumbs on them. There is a very large cluster of them on my right forearm, a small amount on my left forearm, and a small amount in the pockets between my bicep and my forearm on both arms. They are just itchy red bumbs. Things I have done …

Posted
  • Irritated Skin and Rash - 7 Months

Hi, I had a bad reaction to a product that I applied around the eyebrow area. I feel it is more irritant contact dermatitis because of the ingredients probably being too strong and I didn't have any itching and never had any known allergies or skin issues like this before - only some dry skin …

Posted
  • Does steroids help to improve my skin color ?

I am 23 years old male and have disastrous history of eczema since childhood. 6 years ago i started having acne on face and i visited a dermatologist which gave some medicines which caused me to develop big scars on face which used to get swollen up and yellow liquid used to ooze out of them and it …

Posted
  • Extremely painful, itchy and raw. HELP.

Hi, I really need some help and advice. For the past few months I've been getting really bad sores in the crease between the very top of my thighs and my vagina. There extremely raw and painful and they can get quite itchy. The other day it was the worse it had been and there was loads of puss. …

Last reply
  • My Strange Eczema *With pics

Hi guys, first time here. I am a 22 year old living in Jamaica.  About 4 years ago, I went to my school's doctor because I had some skin discoloration. He simply looked at me and said "you have eczema". When I was younger I used to have scaly cracked looking legs but over time, …

Last reply
  • Help me!

I have had eczema since i was a baby however it seems to have got better as i have got older until recently. I have started to get a rash on my chest with little blister/spots which is very dry. I have been to doctors who gave me betnovate ointment however this seems to be making it worse i think …

Last reply
  • I can’t take this anymore! My eczema got worse

I know this is not the place to rant but I have nowhere else to go. I need to know if this is Normal for people my age with eczema (15) my eczema has been getting worse and the worse it gets the more unmotivated I get. Lately my skin has been really itchy and flaking off everywhere, (literally!) My …

Last reply
  • Babies with severe dermatitis

My four months year old has dermatitis and his skin be irritating him and itches additionally on his elbows they are scaly and one side has tiny signs of clear puss seeping thru.

Last reply
  • Eczema on Hands- Has Anyone Cured It?

Hi guys! I've always dealt with eczema, almost exclusively on my hands. It used to be so bad that my hands would crack and bleed and ooze on BOTH sides (front and back). I quit dairy and some other food triggers and my eczema is SO much better however it is still bad. I have to wear cotton …

Last reply
  • I have been eczema free now for 2 months

A couple of months ago a patient came into the pharmacy I work at and requested an item called 'Skin Repair Lotion' with emu oil. I hadn't heard of it but it was available through special order from our pharmaceutical wholesaler so I ordered it for the woman. She told me that she had …

Last reply
  • Do I have eczema or pagets disease of the breast?

My nipple (both, primarily left though) has been itchy for a few weeks now. It usually is ignorable but sometimes it flares up. There are also small bumps around my nipples that secrete tiny amounts of fluid when squeezed, only noticable because of the shine under light. I dont know what this is. I …

Last reply
  • Driving me mad!

Been under doctor for a few months now.. meds don't seem to do anything! Blisters and pus still forming on my sole of foot.. have random blisters on hand..

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.