nipple eczema

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

has anyone ever experienced something like this:

when i was younger at arohnd 11/12 i developed these 'lesions' on my nipples. they would basically become crusty and dry, the skin would crack and peel off and then release some discharge. They would stick to my clothing. I went to a few doctors and it got put down to hormonal changes. eventually went away after walking around with vaseline and cotton pads.

Recently, at 21 the problem has returned. Both my nipples come up in this weird eczma like rash, its on the inner side of both my nipples. They go through cycles, sometimes they are completely normal and sometimes they crack and get sore. the only was i can describe the rash is as it looking like shiny patches on the nipple and slightly red. It's very itchy and even stings. I get eczema on my eyes and elbow creases occasionally which makes me think is this something to do with that but the nipple flare ups do not correlate with rashes in other places.

If anyone has any advice it would be so welcome!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.