I've cured my pompholyx

Posted , 7 users are following.

A year ago I started getting itchy blisters of my hands, and in a matter of weeks I had broken, sore skin that wept blood and other yukky stuff. My doctor diagnosed pompholyx excema and I was started on Eumovate cream, then betnovate cream neither worked and seemed to worsen the blisters. I was using double base create that kinda helped but only if i applied it about 30-50 times over 2 hrs. I looked awful and was so painful. Recently I purchashed radon nourish antibacterial hand soap with shea butter and ginger, an I only 2 weeks my hands are 100% clear. I'm aware that different stuff works for different people but I'm sure that it will work for some. what have you got to lose. I've not been able to find anything prescribed by Dr's that has made any impact and some even worsened the excema, hope this helps someone xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much lee-ann, I'll try your recipe and let you know.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing your experience. As you mentioned treatment depends on the individual skin status really matters a lot. Still I would suggest to check for steroidal preparation before using any product. Many a times it is observed that, these steroidal preparations helps for the time being but later on symptom relapses with severity. So be alert.

• Posted

I find that I get little lumps, and itchy blisters on the inside of my right hand. I helped clear rubbish at a festival recently and found the blisters got worse from wearing the gloves. I wonder why it's only on my right hand? I will try the soap. Thank you. 
    • Posted

Hi Catherine, I have a pompholyx got mu worse with a sorts of things including betnovate cream, I but even, an stress. When the blisters, cracked skin, and sores with a their worst double base create made it a little better. But I had to apply it a lot. Try not burst a blisters. Yes they're awful itchy if it's to much putting on fingerless gloves then you can run the outside of the gloves it relieves the itching. When the blisters dry and the skin thickens don't peel it off it hard but after a couple of weeks it will heal. Good luck xx
    • Posted

Sorry too many typos....Hi Catherine, my pompholyx got much worse with all sorts of things including betnovate cream, ibuleve and even stress. When the blisters, cracked skin, and sores are at their worst, double base cream made it a little better. But I had to apply it a lot. Try not burst the blisters. Yes they're awful itchy but if it's to much, try putting on fingerless gloves, then you can rub the outside of the gloves, it relieves the itching. When the blisters dry and the skin thickens don't peel it off. it will go hard but after a couple of weeks it will heal. Good luck xx
  • Posted

I have a 13 year old son who suffers from Pompholyx and has done on and off since he was 3. Due to a traumatic past 3 yrs, unfortunately he has struggled with the condition because of stress. He has been referred back to the children's hospital as it has spiralled out of control on his hands, so much so he has to use a laptop at school as holding a pen is difficult. We recently were told to start the Potassium Permanganate soaks (which seemed to work) but then he wouldn't go to school as he was stressed about what people thought about him with the brown appearance on his hands. After reading several messages on this forum it does seem that cider vinegar is a must to try. It does make sense with the over active sweat glands as he has a passion for cricket and that is all he aspires to do. What I wouldn't do to take this debilitating condition away from my son. Thank you
  • Posted

I had all these symptoms all over my hands and was driven mad by the terrible itching for years. Also, if left, the subsequent lesions from the blisters popping. Mostly I would spend hours popping the blisters as this was the only relief I got and for a short period I would suffer less. I am writing this as 'I AM NOW CURED'. I thought I ought to share this as I spent forever reading messages on sites like this for answers. I was subjected to every steroid cream and moisturisers know to man which had little impact. UV Light treatment had the best temporary result.

The cure is your diet. Don't listen to the NHS, their healthy diet will only make you sick! I came across this cure only by accident but it cured my Gallstone paid, my high blood pressure, my high HbA1C levels(diabetic), my arthritis etc. etc. Importantly, after several months my blisters disappeared and almost 3 years later I have had no further symptoms.

In short the majority of the population are pre-diabetic (as I was) (this essentially is the same as being diabetic just not diagnosed!) and can only be cured by stopping eating processed high carbohydrate foods. Eat healthy SATURATED FAT and healthy very low carbohydrate foods on a ratio of 60:20:20 (Fat, Protein, Carbs). Do not eat vegetable oils (Processed unstable Polyunsaturates) as they are highly poisonous with ridiculously elevated levels of Omega 6. (Driving chronic diseases, cancer being one) Cook with butter, lard or Coconut oil. Eat fewer meals, one of two times a day and don't keep snacking! (Even fast intermittently 16- 36Hrs). Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.