Dyshidrotic Eczema

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, I'm 29 years old & recently diagnosed with pompholyx eczema. It mainly affects my ring & middle fingers on my left hand. They currently are so swollen & inflamed. Not so much itchy as they was when it first started back in the summer 2022. I've had Betnovate cream from my GP in September. Used for two weeks, blisters re appeared. Went to the dermatologist prescribed Protopic i used for 1 month no improvement. Then i went to see the dermatologist who did my allergy testing, he prescribed Clobetasol once a day for 4 weeks. As soon as i stopped 48 hours later blisters started to appear. I really don't know what to do? I had patch testing done in June i showed allergies to cobalt, nickel, carmine & thimerosal. I was thinking about maybe trying the low nickel diet but my derm says there is no evidence this works? I can't really afford to be cutting out lots of different foods if this isn't going to work as my weight is low from other medical issues. I have a CRP level of 34 as i was diagnosed with UC & full colon removed at 15. Jpouch fitted at 16 had some many other problems since then. Awaiting J pouch removal surgery. I would really appreciate anyone's thoughts or advice? Do you think maybe getting allergy test done for specific foods instead of cutting everything out? I'm really stuck & don't know what to do next. My fingers are in so much pain at the moment. I think I'm also suffering from seborrheic dermatitis on face at the moment also.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.