Weird rash around and on my lips, please help!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the past 6 months i have been suffering with the weirdest rash around my lips. It would start as lots of tiny red bumps which burn, itch and sting. Over the next day i would get lots more of the tiny red bumps and some would almost look white. Then the next day i would start getting cuts on the top of my lip which would turn orangey and flakey. All around my lips would feel like sandpaper and burn. Then it would start to heal and i would have about 2-3 days of it being clear and it would suddenly flare up again following the same cycle. It has been 6 months now following this same cycle every week. The doctors and dermatologists have tried everything (antibiotics, steroid creams, anti-fungal creams, checked for herpes, blood tests etc). I am waiting for an allergy test but it is an extremely long waiting list. I am only 21, a female and am at university so this is seriously affecting my mental health. The professionals are not sure what it is so i would really appreciate any advice or help, i am desperate at this point. The only thing that slightly helps is sudacrem. Elidel will help sometimes but it can also cause more burning (unsure why it can calm it down sometimes and flare it up other times). I use a very simple routine and have made sure i use SLS free handwash, shampoo and toothpaste (and non-flouride toothpaste) which has helped a bit but still getting the flare ups weekly and cannot pinpoint why. It may still be something in my face wash but i use this everyday so the days where it is completely clear doesn't make sense.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

apologies, the pictures didn't upload.

imageimage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.