advice needed please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was told last year my gallbladder wall was thickened and it should come out but it wasn't causing me probs and I have lots of other medical problems so they left it, but recently I have bad stomach bloating, feeling full after eating and sometimes can't eat pain in my upper right stomach could this be to do with gallbladder also bad constipation any help much appreciated

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diane, I am going through the same symptoms as you at the moment and I have a 1.8cm gallstone but they say no thickening of walls but we will see when its taken out. The consultant has said my symptoms arent typical of galbladder but from what I read online id say they were very typical!  I  am just getting over choelysisitus and have had bad blaoting espeically after eating to the point where I dont veen want to sit because its uncomftortable and feels  like something is being squashed up. I really dont want to eat and  am hardly eating at all as the pain and discomfort about 1 - 1.5 hrs later is  so uncomofrtable. I have had bad constipation too which is  a whole new problem for me. The dr has given me laxido which seems to help a little. Your symptoms do seem to  sound like gallbladder. I am still waiting to have mine out its about 16 weeks waiting list here in east sussex! I had already had 2 very bad bouts of Cholecystitis in the last 2 months so hoping not  long now.  I hope you can get it sorted soon. It will be interesting to see how you get on.
    • Posted

Thank you for ur reply the symptoms are awful aren't they, my problem isn't stones it's the gallbladder lining is to thick had it a year but my symptoms have only just started so guessing it's getting thicker already have crohns , although the crohns I have is rare gastritis and duo denial ulcers so it's another to add to list lol fingers crossed will get sorted
    • Posted

Sorry about that keeps posting my posts when I'm in The middle of typing! I was diagnosed with 1 large stone last October. Had no Symptoms til 2 weeks later and my surgeon who has done all my operations advised
    • Posted

Sorry was advised to have gallbladder removed in case things got worse. Gallbladder wasn't even inflamed and have been going through hell ever since with diarrhea vomiting and nausea. Have been in and out of hospital and they keep saying it will settle down in time. My advise to you is to Try the alternative road as I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I've been attending an acupuncturist out of desperation and she explained that the main cause of gallbladder problems is due to high estrogen levels. The liver is responsible for balancing hormones but when there's too much estrogen the bile becomes thicker and causes gallbladder problems and also other hormone problems. I was on a hormone for a few years after I was on steroids for 3 years. One of the side effects was high estrogen! Also the pill and hrt can also cause high estrogen. I have started taking milk thistle to detox my liver as I also have a ovarian cyst and a fibroid also from high estrogen. The liver needs to be detoxed which will in turn help to balance the hormones. Try the alternative road and milk thistle will also help you. Good luck xxx
    • Posted

Hi ace I also have a cyst in overt and cancer marker blood test is relevated but just been told by doc not concerned about that and got to go back in November to see if cyst has changed size and to see ifblood test has elevated anymore, November is ages away, now I have this gallbladder problem too but I'll keep smiling (as much as I can) hopefully will all get sorted 
    • Posted

God love you Diane. They were going to remove my cyst in March but then decided I was too high risk for bowel ruo
    • Posted

What is with this site. Keeps posting my comments as I'm typing. Anyway not letting them go near the cyst as don't want to be opened up again. Im hoping the milk thistle and other herbs the acupuncturist has given me will get rid of it. Try everything you can to sort your gallbladder out. Try the milk thistle or a reputable alternative therapist. X
    • Posted

Meant to say that ppis (antacids) Can also cause gallbladder problems. So avoid if you can. X
  • Posted

It sounds like it could be related to your gallbladder.  Maybe time to reevaluate having it out?  I have no stones, or sludge, just low functioning gallbladder (14%) and am trying to make the decision myself.  I feel bloated after eating (don't so much look bloated) and feel full after eating and pain in upper right stomach and down whole right side and in my back.  And, verrrrry constipated.  I think it's all related to gallbladder.  meeting with surgeon on July 21.
  • Posted

I had gallstones. No other problem with gallbladder like thickening as you have.

After several episodes with gallstone pain and ending up on morphine based liquid, I had my gallbladder removed at the end of April.

Still one or two issues if I eat the wrong stuff but a lot better than I was.

If they say your gallbladder should come out then to me it whould come out, whatever other medical problems you might have.

They are used to dealing with people with complex medical problems now and I don't think it should not be a .

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thank u having a repeat scan next week hopefully will get some answers and will be another problem sorted x thank u again for ur help and advice take care
  • Posted

Firstly I was scheduled three yrs ago to have my gall bladder out but when the date came I was already in hospital for a hysterectomy . I am a 43 year old busy mum and have had gallstone pain off and on since my 20s . I cancelled the op and thought nothing more . Determined to eat well . Limit fatty foods and as a consequence I didn't have any more pain for nearly two years ! I'm cured I thought !

Then in December 2014 after having the symptoms you described for over a week . I became jaundiced and very ill . I was admitted to hospital and put on strong IV antibiotics . My thickened gall bladder had become infected ( cholecystitis ) and a rogue stone had travelled blocking the bile duct . I was left in chronic gall stone pain from 11th December till 5th january this year . I had a ERCP ( camera down throat ) to retrieve the gall stone . Lost three stone and was generally very ill till March when the gallbladder was eventually removed .

Moral of the story . Don't wait till it becomes very inflamed . If it is already thickened then it is not functioning properly . It needs to come out while your relatively well . Do not read the horror stories . it is a simple op and provided you eat sensibly and keep fatty food as a treat you will be able to live without a gall bladder . If any thing it encourages healthy eating which is no bad thing . 3 months after my op I am well . But must be careful with what I eat . I cannot eat spaghetti bolognese . It sits like a brick and makes me feel very sick for days . So I don't eat it ! My husband orders a cake in a cafe . I pinch two fork fulls and it suppresses the craving !

My advice have the op sooner as a dodgy gall bladder will not suddenly heal itself ! I wish I hadn't put it off .

• Posted

Thank u so much for the advice, they were going to follow up after 6 months but that was a year ago now, I'm suffering from major bloating I no I'm constipated and that doesn't help the bloating but it's really bad, my own doctor is going to scan me at surgery next week so hopefully they will say take it out now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.