Advice needed pse

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.....this weekend I went to see my mother in law (my husband passed away 5 yrs ago) in Manchester, 5 hr drive and in my current state of anxiety and a little depressed I dreaded it.  Thankfully my two daughters and gradndaughter aged 9 agreed to come with me so it was a road trip.  It was lovely all being together again.  My second daughter moved out of my home 8 weeks ago and lives in London.,  Since my husband passed away she has lived with me and I developed anxiety and depression when she moved out.  I miss her so much.  I have just driven her to the train station and cannot stop crying.  I dont like living alone and feel a deep sense of loss now she has gone.  We shopped together, as a group we went to restaurants on the spur of the moment,  She loved to do things around the house and was always the dynamite behind me.  I know she propped me up and it is now up to me to get myself sorted, I m the only one to do it.  But I feel so empty.....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joyce I lost my husband and at the same time my son was sectioned under the mental health act and has been in hospital 1 year my husbands death was sudden and unexpected so from 3 in my home to just me I know how you are feeling 1 year on my heart is still broken but I refused someone staying with me as I knew it would just delay the process I had to go through, it is so hard and lonely but trust me we do get through it, yes you will cry you are allowed to but please set yourself a small task to do each day I know my life will never be the same again but I also know everyone elses life has to go on, it will never get easier but you do learn to live with it and invent yourself in any way you can, if you have a garden do a little gardening each day, go a walk when you dont want to, try to find a hobby I know I laughed when someone said that, but i started Zen doodle I knit I learned to crochet but my garden has been my saviour, try to encourage your children to live their lives with guilt I dont know how old you are but you will get through this grief and empty nest syndrom best wishes Katy 
    • Posted

Hi Katylynn

Thank you for your wise reply, she said something similar.  I was waiting for the children to fly the nest and has plans to do hobbies, etc but when it eventually happens and you and a little depressed there is no pull to take on the hobbies as yoru mind is not in the right place.  Since writing my post I have calmed down, pottered around the house and manage to eat.  I even arranged to meat a couple of freinds during the week.  I hope this frame of mind stays with me tomorrow.

Once again thank you.

• Posted

Katylynn

Sorry forgot to say I am 58 yrs old and was 54 when my husband died.  You have been through a lot yourself so I take strength from you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.