Advice needed re: Bad LS flare up

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have had LS for over 10 years, but have just started the worst flare up I have ever had. Feel like sitting on needles, pain when I pee, but I am worried because as well as the soreness, I have a brown watery speeage, has anyone else experienced this?  Went to docs yesterday got clob to use, he never even examined me. Just wondering if the clob will work correctly if I am constantly discharging. I am very scared and depressed, although I am not new to LS.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I kept seeing the references to coconut oil but had not tried it as I did not expect it to have much impact.  I was surprised when finally trying it how soothing and comforting it was.  Using it at night makes a big difference.
  • Posted

It is good to hear that your finally being treated!!...hope you start to feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hi just for your information jaki,  I was in hospital for 6 days last week and due to the operation I had to have I was unable to keep as pristine down below as I would normally due to epidural lack of feeling etc. and although the nurses cleaned me and were kindness itself, they shall we say, were not as thorough as I would have been.  The result has been a flare up.  Now then I had to have antibiotic intravenously to prevent infection on the wound/operation site so I am not sure if it was that or the bicarb sitzbaths I have had but things have calmed really quickly again and I am back to normal.  Please try the bicarbonate of soda in a bath 1/3 cup in a whole big bath or as I do a large pinch in a sitz bath/bidet.  Soothing instant relief and safe with any wound .Good luck.
    • Posted

Glad you are on the mend Chrisy, thank you for your advice, I will try the bicarb. I am improving day by day.
  • Posted

I have had LS for four years now  I have also been getting very sore ,painful clitorus and hurts like hell to pee 

using Diprosene but dosnt seem to be helping  

seeing gyno tomorrow so will see what she says , Hate this ! I really feel for everyone on here , Do hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Marion please try soaking in a bicarb bath. 1/3 cup bicarbonate of soda to a full bath or a pinch in a sitzbath.  So soothing, you can even pee in this which helps prevent the urine stinging if you find that helpful.  Lots of us use Clobetasol or Dermovate I am not sure what Diprosene is.  I also use Epaderm between treatments.  When I have a flare up I use Clobetasol daily to help calm things down then reduce treatments to twice a week again.  Try to ensure that before you pee you treat the area with a barrier like Epaderm or Coconut Oil, Vaseline which ever is your preference.  Good luck with the gynae tomorrow.
    • Posted

For those who don't know a sitzbath is a bowl you can fill with warm water etc. and put over the toilet like a bidet.  You can sit on it and due to holes in the side the excess water goes down inside the toilet. (Usually although I place towels around the floor to catch any that spills over on initially sitting).  They are easily acquired on the internet.  Be careful about prices and research before buying.  Mine was just slightly over £12 but I have since found them a lot dearer and also slightly cheaper.  Best investment I have ever made.  It has been so useful as I have a plaster on and showering is awkward at the moment so I can keep clean always.
    • Posted

That's the first time I've heard anyone explain exactly what a sitz bath is. Thank you.

Marion, watch that sore clitoris. While my labia were finishing up fusing over my clitoris I got a horrible abscess in between. Sore was not the word! But you may have an LS flare that's just located around and even on it, so the bicarb soak may sooth quite a lot, along with keeping urine off it. Glad you found us here!

• Posted

Thank you Chrisy for this explanation.  Didn't know these items existed.
    • Posted

Hi just letting you know went to see Gyno today , I am in Aus in case you wondered about time diffence , 

Well she seems to think it is a cut on top of clit , but have to see her in 6 weeks to get it checked , still freaking out in case its a nasty , I am a very anxious person ,and a worrier ,  but I guess if she was too concerned  she wouldnt leave it that long What do you think? Anyway back using my cortizone  and keeping fingers crossed  by the way I am English  a homesick pom xx

• Posted

Yes, LS often manifests as a tear, so you've got one in the worst possible place. Just use your medication and try to keep it covered with something oily and stiff like Vaseline or coconut oil, so urine can't irritate it. Use a spray bottle of water with a pinch of baking soda in it to rinse after peeing. I'm pretty sure the tear will heal in a lot less than six weeks!

Keep us posted.

• Posted

Hi Marion,  Yes I am sure your gynae would not have left it 6 weeks if she was overly concerned.  She is more than likely just checking that you will be treating things correctly and that it heals.  I have had a similar problem lately.  The only way to heal things there is to always cover the area with a barrier like Epaderm or vaseline, whatever you find helps you most, before and after a wee.  If you treat with Dermovate use is daily at  night before bed time, until the tear heals then wean off to twice a week.  Always keep the area moisturised however you treat so that the Ls does not have a chance to dry and crack.

Also I forgot to mention that a sitzbath comes with a tube and bag like an iv drip so that you can add warm water to the bath without rising.  I am not sure if this is meant to spray on you but I didn't like it as I couldn't get the tube to stay in the right place, so I do not use it but I am sure someone else on this site will know the correct way to use this product.

• Posted

I was wondering how warm the water would stay, so I like the idea of continuing to replenish it with warmer water.
    • Posted

Sitzbath sounds good dont know if you can get in Aus , have to check that out , I am currently using steroid  but Paladin cream during the day, 

Do you know how long tears on clit take to heal had this for 6 days now  , just stinging after wee still  ouch!! hate this Lichen 

• Posted

Hi Marion,  I hope you are more healed now.  Mine takes just a few days if I catch it quickly but if it has got a good hold probably nearer to 10-14 days. Cover with a barrier cream to help prevent the sting or wee in a sitzbath full of water to help ease the sting.  Another way might be to spray with a shower head while you wee.  Try anything.  We have to be inventive with this condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.