Advice needed regarding spotting between period and 10 weeks post rectocele

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody

i am ten weeks post rectocele repair surgery and been through lots of ups and downs but back at work week 7 onwards.  I felt like things were great just before going back to work but I don't know if I am worrying over nothing but I have noticed this week more aching lower  stomach and back. Soreness inside and aching in the bottom and surrounding vaginal area and the latest is blood spotting in the discharge.  Today it's a brown watery colour.  I am not due on my period for another two weeks and have been regular as clockwork all my life.  I also have noticed that I feel swollen in the bowel area even though I take regular movicol and Senna as needed.  Is this because I am back at work? I work three days only but then am doing housework etc and helping my elderly mum so I guess no rest really.  Haven't even had time to exercise so it's not that.  Getting so so fed up as going abroad in two weeks time.  I could cry today feeling so sorry for myself and wish I had not had this done now.  I also had one poop with blood in.  That's now stopped from what I have noticed.  Sorry for all the gory detail 

xxx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, It's really early for you to be back at work, it's classed as major surgery, I'm not surprised you are sore and swollen.

Try and rest a bit when you can, you're doing far too much. Seven weeks is way too early for doing all that.

At ten weeks you are still in the early stages of revovery, it can take up to a year to get over this surgery, and you really don't want to ruin the repair and have to have it done again.

Get help at home and with your mum if you can, and try to remember, no lifting of anything heavy, careful with housework. It really is important to look after yourself, not surprising that you are feeling so low.

Look at the pinned post at the top of this page and read the south tees info to get an idea of what you should be doing at this stage of your recovery.

And please take it easier.x.

• Posted

Thankyou Laura 💕I have just taken a look and me and hubby have agreed I need to have a long talk with myself to slow down a bit.  The information locally I was given was detailed but just up to the 6 week level so this has been really useful for me.  I can use this info for work as well 

xx

• Posted

Yes the pinned post is really helpful, you still have stitches inside.

It took me ages to get over my repair and I took it really slow. Good luck with work. You'll get better, but you aren't there yet.x.

• Posted

What does the 'pinned post' mean, I'm not sure I can see it? I'm very keen to know what I should be doing, I am eight post op for an anterior and posterior repair plus a vaginal hysterectomy and sacrospinous fixation.

• Posted

Go to the top of the page , click on genitourinary prolapse.

At left hand side, where it says emis moderator, that's the pinned post, look at that, and open the south tees bit, advice is there.

• Posted

Went to see doctor today as it stopped and started again nad I have really back aching.  I have had an internal exam ad she sad she is sending away swabs for testing but it looks ok inside aparantly.  Felt not myself ad a bit sick yesterday.  Must be anxiety coz I am not pregnant lol.  Will have to see what happens in the meantime try not to do very much.  
    • Posted

Yes just take it easy, it takes a lot out of you, and you don't realise just how long it is before you feel anything like normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.