Advice on anxiety and returning to normal??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with two small blood clots in my upper and lower right lung 7 weeks ago. I had no other symptoms apart from pain in back when breathing. I havent been on any long flights, no contraception, no surgery etc. I am 40 and was healthy although have a sedentary job and lifestyle. Consequently the doctors don't know why it happened. I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks which I often cant differentiate from other worrying symptoms so my first question is has any one any advice on how to handle anxiety? Secondly I returned to work 3 weeks after my diagnosis but had bad pain in back and chest so waited another week and then returned to work again 9-1pm this worked ok and i was feeling much better until this week when I increased my hours to 9-3. During a meeting I was leading, felt like a tight band around my chest, then massive panic attack and off work today. I am getting no advice from any medical practitioners except listen to your body. So any additional advice on here or similar stories about how far to push yourself would be appreciated. Finally I want to get better and prevent a recurrence so any advice on diet, the amount of exercise to do and whether a glass of red wine a night is ok would all be appreciated. Thank you, cathy x

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i was diagnosed with pe xmas 2014 where i had multiple clots on both lungs like every1 else it came out the blue and wouldnt have known if i hadnt gone to the a&e and then taken onto a ward for breathing problems then put on warfarin which is a pain cus my inr is up and down but i got better until 6 wks ago where i was admitted again for the same symptoms but was told that that wasnt causing my pain it was actually copd which really scared me (im50) 

im telling you this has its my experience noboy elses every1 is different 

drinkinking is not a problem for me has i dont drink and exercise in small spurts help so listen to your inner self and stay calm cus that will help your panic attacks and doing little things i also found that changing my diet has helped to so good luck and god bless

• Posted

i bascially cut down on fatty foods  had 3 healthy meals a day and didnt binge on sweets or chocolates thats it really oh and i cooked all my own food 
    • Posted

Jackie, re your COPD....are you, or were you ever, a smoker?  Hope you don't mind me asking?  I agree with you about Warfarin being a pain...my INR is up and down too and I find the dietry restrictions difficult.
    • Posted

i was a smoker but quit has soon has i was told that i have stage 3 copd  and warfarin is stupid 2 weeks ago my inr was 1.6 and now its 6.3 so waiting to see the consultant to see if i can change

• Posted

Hi, might be worth an ask if you can change from warfarin i was on for 6 mths i never reach my inr target of 3 and i was on 15mg a day, i struggled in the end my hair started to fall out and my teeth become really senitive. Im 35 no child active always on the go with no reason why it keeps happening, this time im on clexane injections every day for 6 mths! Ive got a really good consultant this time thank god and he is on the ball hopecully i will get some answers this time.

• Posted

15mg a day...wow!  I'm only on 1.5mg a day of Warfarin. They reckon I am particularly sensitive to it.  I think my hair is starting to thin too though.  I have discussed changing to Rivaroxaban with the consultant but he seems to think Warfarin is the best option at the moment as it is easily reversible and because you have regular blood tests you know its actually working and you are being regularly monitored.  I just dunno what to think!  I don't envy you being on the daily Clexane injections...ouchie!
    • Posted

15mg seems high but im only on 3mg warfarin a day but doesnt seem to be doing anything but like i said im on weekly blood tests and due to see the consultant beginning of next month so hopefully i will get it sorted then 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.