Advice on daily regime - prepping for the future?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed recently (no biopsy just sight alone)

I do not have pain or itching. Having read and listened to the resources on here ... i imagine this is because i am still producing oestrogen (41 yrs old)

Gp is considering prescribing steroid but want to speak to dermatologist before doing so. I have some skin change around clitoris.

Would you recommend i start all form of skin care now.

Coconut oil

Patting dry rather then wiping after a wee etc

I am trying to change my diet to dairy and gluten free. Got vit D tablets

I.am PT so do a lot of sports

When i am in the house i.am now opting for a skirt or yoga trousers. Bought cotton knickers 😏

I feel like these might sound like small changes but they feel big. I am trying to minimise and control this condition as best i can

I am back at GP on Monday and i will request steroid cream to deal with condition as is.

Any advice very welcome

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I am still relatively new to this too.

My GP gave me Mometasone steroid, which is not as strong as Dermovate/ Clob. 

I have developed the technique of weeing stand up, facing the toilet. It cuts out the dribbles and minimises the need for wiping/dabbing.

I'd put your question out to the community, as there are a lot of women who have dealing with this b*****d for years.

Keep positive 👍

F

• Posted

Short answer is yes! Do all you can now as you clearly are doing; lots of moisturizing and use the steroid when you get it as this can slow any further symptoms.  It's all about fine management to keep LS in check. Good luck.

• Posted

The only other thing I can think of is to remember to use some kind of oil before bed to help stop fusing and to buy some dilators which you can get online.  These are important especially if you are not in a relationship because one of the horrible symptoms of LS is that it reduces and shrinks your undercarriage and if you dont use the dilators you could end up with a small Vjay...I know this because it happened to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.