Advice on dosage

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi so dec 2015 i had a melt down my body just seem to shut don. a massive shock as i am a very active person. i was put on sertraline 50mg and over time this was upped to 100mg, gp discussed 150mg but i was doing really real so we agreed to stick on 100. few months in i was dropped to 75, then gp said if and when i wanted to i could drop to 50. 50 never really seemed enough so stayed on 75. a year ago my sister passed away and a few months after that i felt that maybe back to 100. all has been ok . saturday night completly out of the blue my husband of 18 years said he didnt feel the same anymore and walked out on me and the kids. devistated and kids upset. trying to stay strong as i do everything for the kids but slowly i have had a few signs/feelings that i had when i had the melt down. so physical symptoms of anxiety shaky, feeling hot but shaky. trying to tell myself its natrual after such a shock and to give a few days to hopefully settle and try my best to keep busy. but wondering whether need to see gp about upping? worried if i up then it will dull normal feelings, and will not help me to try and work through this. any advice greatly received.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi natalie. it must have been a great shock to you if you had no idea. I have been in a similar situation, many years ago there is life after a relationship breaks down and I have now been happily remarried for 28 years. So what to do, well I do not think you need to increase if you have been doing ok before saturday, do you really need any side effects on top? the way you are feeling at the moment is situational and, although I may be wrong, do not think you are going to medicate yourself out of it. You need to be strong, practical, dignified and focus on what is right for you and the children, just because you have suffered a mental illness does not mean he can have it all his own way. Good luck and remember everything happens for a reason, it what we do with that reason that counts

• Posted

HI SUE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS , think you are probably right, i was doing ok before, maybe alittle out of sorts but that was due to the loss of my sister. didnt see it coming no arguments, came back off our first holiday without the kids. its hard as although i wouldnt say i am old at 41 my kids are now 14 and 15 so understand whats happening and are hurting. currently i seem to hate being on my own if at times i would normally be on my own. i think i need to try and ride thruogh this a bit first then maybe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.